DDN NOVEMBER 2021 (SFW Drabbles and Doodles)

Hello everyone! Please post your SFW DDN Drabbles and Doodles here! Looking forward to seeing what is created! Please see the **rules for the DDN here!**

2 Likes

Prompt 2: Glitter

Iruka came home with a sour look on his face. He slammed the door shut with heavy hands and then proceeded to thump his feet harshly on the floor of the genkan. Curious, Kakashi poked his head out from the kitchen, and stopped short.

Why was Iruka so sparkly?

“We made cards.” Iruka grumbled stripping himself of his vest in the entryway. He grimaced as he ran a hand through his hair, grumbling about little children and something called glitter glue.

“I made dinner?” Kakashi offered, wanting to appease his husband.

Iruka sighed, still fighting the glitter. “Yeah, okay, thanks.”

6 Likes

Prompt 1: Wish

Naruto put his little arms on the windowsill, and sighed, a long melancholy sigh that was too old for someone his age.

Iruka ambled over to the five year old and sat next to him on the floor in the small studio that they both now called home.

“What is it?” He asked, running a hand over blond locks.

“Sakura-chan said stars grant wishes.” Naruto sighed again. “But, I don’t think so. Cause if they did Kakashi would be home by now.”

Iruka smiled sadly, bringing his little boy closer.

“Well, maybe we just have to wish harder then hm?”

7 Likes

Prompt 3: Nebula

“I’m going to be an astronaut!” Naruto declared skipping in front of Kakashi on his way home from school.

“Are you now?” Kakashi asked, turning to raise an eyebrow at Iruka.

“Yeah!” Naruto exclaimed, his voice carrying around the street and startling quite a few of the passing strangers.

“We learned astronomy today.” Iruka answered as Naruto prattled on about the various types of galaxies and nebulz, and how he could trace patterns in the sky from stars.

“Nebula.” Iruka corrected sighing and shaking his head.

Kakashi grinned, taking Iruka’s hand.

“I think he’ll make a great astronaut, don’t you?”

6 Likes

Prompt 4: Orbit

“So, the sun is a star?” Naruto asked, scratching his head. “But Iruka-sensei that don’t make any sense.”

Doesn’t make any sense.” Iruka corrected sitting across the table from Naruto, grading papers. “And yes, the sun is a star. In fact, the Earth goes around it, in orbit.”

Naruto frowned, face scrunching up. “But why?” He asked. “I thought the sun was just this ball in the sky.”

Iruka smiled, amused at Naruto’s wording. Kakashi, making dinner, laughed in the kitchen but was ignored by Iruka.

“The sun is more than that Naruto. Come here, let me teach you okay?”

7 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

Prompt 5: Orion

10 Likes

Bwahaha! Iruka is not impressed xD

1 Like

Prompt 1: Wish

9 Likes

Prompt 2: Glitter

9 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

Prompt 5: Orion

8 Likes

Prompt 6: Shining

9 Likes

Prompt 7: Sun

9 Likes

Prompt 8: Constellation

9 Likes

Prompt 9: Horizon

8 Likes

Prompt 9. Horizon
“There is no way out of here, Kakashi!” Iruka shouted. “No one is coming! You can stare at the sea all you want, wishing for the impossible to happen, waiting for the Scarlet Sails to appear on the horizon. It won’t! We are stuck here for the rest of our lives!”
Kakashi drew Iruka’s shaking form into a strong embrace. The man was tired of being stranded on this godforsaken island.
“Don’t say that Iruka” Kakashi whispered, kissing the man’s hair.
“I am tired of waiting”
“I know, but we will get through this. We will get you back home.”

9 Likes

Prompt 10: Shooting

“It’s a meteor.” Kakashi deadpanned, clearly unimpressed by Iruka’s explanation. “What in the world do they let you teach kids nowadays?”

Iruka huffed, crossing his arms. “Just because a certain someone we know didn’t have a proper childhood, he deems it necessary to make others feel the same way.”

Kakashi frowned and leaned forward across the table. “Now, now, sensei, you know that’s not what I meant” He moved away from Iruka again. “I’m just pointing out to you that meteors and pieces of meteors that enter the Earth’s atmosphere are clearly not shooting stars.”

Iruka scowled. “Whatever.” He mumbled.

8 Likes