DDN April 2022 #1!

All caught up! (With the writing)

@InkRavens I laughed and shook my head at this:

The dumbest way to die as a shinobi is by trying to act tough.

A good lesson for Kakashi to re-learn!

2 Likes

I just did my first drabble for a DDN! :chruparty: I tend to think a lot & take my time when I write, so I didn’t think I’d end up doing one

5 Likes

I can be a tricky and frustrating process sometimes, for sure!

1 Like

And we’re back!!!

Here is Prompt 6: Bento!

You could say… he’s been schooled :joy:

2 Likes

Woo! I’m so excited to hear this! Drabbles are hard. When I first started writing them it was a struggle to get things written in 100 words. But, once you get the hang of things it starts getting a bit easier.
I find it helps me if I pick a scene and stick to that during my drabbling.

1 Like

I feel you there with the word count. A few weeks ago I started a thing where I was going to write a drabble/ficlet once a week just to do something for myself, and each time I’ve done it, my intention has been to write a drabble, but most of them have turned into ficlets :joy: My DDN drabble nearly turned into one, too XD

1 Like

Five minute warning on prompt 6!

It takes practice, and a lot of editing! I think my job actually helps with this sometimes too.
Drabbling is basically: “What are the ten ways I can write this sentence using the fewest amount of words?”

Tonight has definitely been a fight to bring the word count under control for me too!

Where can I trim or rephrase to drop 23 extra words…?

AND Prompt 7: Festival.

Any guesses on the theme yet?

Sometimes you have to completely change the way you look at something to fit it into the word count. What other way can I say this same thing? It really makes you think about what words are truly necessary

2 Likes

It’s not so much that I can’t get the words down, it’s more I get ahead of myself and always want to expand on the idea :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Cyhyr : I love the idea of this. Can you imagine Kakashi bursting into your classroom because your teacher forgot his bento?
@mt_nikolle : OOH! A mystery!
@InkRavens: Oh, I hope it isn’t too bad of an experience for Kakashi!
@13Bella : OMG! How do you make such amazing art in 15 minutes???

1 Like

Well, there are 10 interrelated prompts to help you with that.

Your making me blush!!! I was in another fandom where we had game night and did a similar thing!! I loved doing it!!! We never had our writers join tho so seeing everyone write is amazing and so much fun!!!

2 Likes

@Cyhyr : OMG, I think I just melted in fluff!! That last one was so sweet!!!

@mt_nikolle : Oh, abusing your power I see, Kakashi.

@InkRavens : Oh? What is this? Iruka has planned a date? And such a nice one too!

1 Like

Oh, that’s neat! I took this idea from another fandom I’m in which has run these DDN nights for about 12 or so years now (maybe longer now that I think about it).

I’m glad you’re enjoying this one and are able to participate.

1 Like

AH! I missed the five minute warning!

3 minutes left on this prompt!!!

Okay, Prompt 8: Petal

Did I make the theme really hard this time? No guesses? Anyone?