Creator Spotlight: Fan Favourites

new creator spotlight

Hey guys! Our Creator Spotlight is back; and as mentioned last time, we’ve now opened it to all KakaIru creators, so we can find out all about everyone and your amazing creations!

And the theme this time is… Fan Favourites!

Which creation of yours do your fans like the most? Or do you have a handful of top creations, or perhaps a series, that they really love? Is your most popular piece one of your own favourites, too?

Let us know below!

You don’t have to answer all the questions, they’re only a guide - just tell us whatever you like about your most popular creations! And please don’t hesitate to link anything!

Note: if yours is NSFW or Dark, and you want to share it, as per our guidelines, please do so on our 18+ thread!

1 Like

Hands down my most popular work is my multi-chapter canon alternative found family fic Family is Worth Fighting For. I was listening to Ed Sheeran’s Perfect one day and the barefoot on the grass lyrics stuck in my brain. In no time the fic was born lol.
Although I’m proud of that story and so pleased at its popularity, it isn’t the one that is dearest to my heart, however. That one is Catch a Falling Star. It follows ballet dancer Kakashi who after suffering a bad relationship and surviving meets Latin dancer Iruka who helps him learn what love really looks like-the kind that strengthens you instead of tearing you down. It’s a real labor of love.

3 Likes

My most popular KakaIru story is one of my earliest ones: ANBU Bedtime Stories. I don’t know exactly what it is about that one that makes it so, but I’m glad they enjoy it!
My favourite, though, is This Is Not A Romcom. It’s just 100 words, but it makes me giggle every time I reread or recall it!
ANBU Bedtime Stories (1515 words) by mt_nikolle
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Umino Iruka & Uzumaki Naruto, Hatake Kakashi & Uzumaki Naruto
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Uzumaki Naruto, Nara Shikaku, Nara Shikamaru
Additional Tags: Anbu Hatake Kakashi, Anbu Umino Iruka, BAMF Umino Iruka, Fuuinjutsu Master Umino Iruka, Mission Fic, Canon-Typical Violence, Bedtime Stories, KakaIru Mission Report, Fluff
Series: Part 1 of KakaIru Mission Reports
Summary:

“‘Join ANBU,’ they said. ‘Serve your village! Experience loads of excitement! See the world from the shadows!’ No one said anything about this.”

This is Not a Romcom (100 words) by mt_nikolle
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi & Yamato | Tenzou
Characters: Yamato | Tenzou, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Drabble, Iruka’s birthday Bingo, romcom, Kakashi’s dramatics, Tenzō is done, Humour?
Series: Part 5 of Iruka’s Birthday Bingo
Summary:

Tenzō is not sympathetic to Kakashi’s plight.

2 Likes

My most popular is definitely The Home of Hatake. It’s my most recently completed KKIR fic (even though it’s already 2 years old ahh!) and the longest one I’ve posted. That fic was such a joy to write, I wanted Kakashi and Iruka to have Sakumo in their lives. He was really fun to write, especially interacting with Naruto. :slight_smile:

Link: Home of Hatake

My other most popular based on hits alone is Hot Lead, Tempered Steel, which started as a play script project for school many years ago! I had two more parts to an expanded universe planned out, but I never got around to them. I still have those outlines, maybe I’ll get the gumption to finish them some day.

Link: Hot Lead, Tempered Steel

2 Likes