The Traditional Introductions Thread!

WELL latin languages have a pretty similar base so it does make it a bit easier to get it :stuck_out_tongue:
and THANK YOUUU for those tips!! I will definitely check them all out cause god knows I need all the help I can get on my weeaboo japanese journey /o/

2 Likes

Hi !

I finally found this topic to present myself xD

So, my name is Mathilde, i’m 26 and i’m french. I’m into Naruto and KakaIru since only one year but it became like… A part of me.

I read principaly on fanfictions.net and mostly in english. I hope I will find a day, some new good french kakairu stories because they are rare and precious. >.<

I learn japanese since a few month and I translated a Japanese Doujinshi into french to pratice. If my memory Ils working well, its name was “Ai o ochiete” and it s really the best kakairu dojinshi i’ve ever read.

I like to read, write and draw kakaIru. I’m waiting my AO3 account to share my work and hope you will like it :slight_smile:

I already share some of my stories on fanfictions.net and mostly of them on Wattpad but i’m really impatient to know new and true kakairu fans here :smiley:

Cheers and sorry if there are some spelling mistakes :x

7 Likes

hi mathilde! @sweetysamaa welcome to our forum!

i totally get that feeling of having been in this ship for one year and having it become a part of you. i too was like that like checks calendar two years ago!

ffnet really has good fics! several of my fave fics can only be found on ffnet. (if you have any recommendations, do post them up in our rec category!) the whole french fics ordeal though, i feel you — i also want new fics in thai, but there aren’t many that i can find hahah. maybe i should get permission from the thai writers to translate them one day.

you also translate! i haven’t heard of ai o ochiete, would you be willing to give us a link to the doujin? (or your translation, which although I do not understand french i’m hoping google translate will :stuck_out_tongue:)

i look forward to your works! also you have no spelling mistakes, none at all! the only mistake is that fanfiction.net doesn’t have an ‘s’ in it, and that sure isn’t a spelling mistake haha.

again, welcome to the forum! :partying_face:

1 Like

I will be delighted to share this Dojinshi with you!

It’s on my Wattpad, and I think you’ll be able to translate it easily with the applications that allow you to translate by taking a picture of the screen. On the other hand, it’s missing one or two bubbles that I haven’t been able to translate :frowning: + the first pages have a horrible font that I have to correct one day xD.
Should I put the link in the “rec” category?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Mathilde! It’s a pleasure to meet you!

KakaIru is one of those ships that latches onto you the first chance it gets; and when it does, it holds on tight! You will probably be one of us for life XD

Translating is an amazing way to learn Japanese! There’s a few of us who are also learning Japanese and like to translate works, too; and you really can learn a lot from doing it! If you would like to share the doujinshi with us, the rec category is the perfect place!

We look forward to seeing all of your amazing work! :heart_eyes:

Hey there! I’m Ryn and I’ve been on the KakaIru train for over a year now. I’m roymustaangs on ao3 and twitter, and kodzukenss on tumblr. I’m 29 and live in the US. Looking forward to all of the posts and shares here!

7 Likes

Hey, Ryn! :wave: Welcome to the forum! It’s good to see you here! :grin: The KakaIru train never stops rolling, so you’re in for the ride of your life XD
There’s plenty to see and do around here, and there’s a lot of exciting things coming up that we hope you’ll join us for, but if not, lurking is quite okay, too!
I’m a mod, so if you have any questions or need anything, please don’t hesitate to summon me! I hope you enjoy your stay! :heart: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I suppose I should do this.

Hi, I’m Gigi! I like, just got into this fandom but I’m loving it so far. At first I was like “shipping? In Naruto??” But I get it now. I write (ostensibly) but mostly just like to read. I do speak Japanese so I’m willing to work on translations if anyone has something going on. Man it’s been a while since I’ve been on a forum. Good times.

8 Likes

Hi, Gigi! Welcome to the forum (and the fandom)! You’ve picked the perfect time to get into this, because from what I’ve seen, KakaIru has really picked up in the past couple of years or so, so there’s always things to do (lots, and lots of events, plus our little activities here), and plenty of content to indulge in!

There are some amazing ships in Naruto :heart_eyes: But KakaIru is definitely my otp!
Ooh, that’s great that you speak Japanese! And thank you for offering your language services XD It’s nice to know there’s somewhere we can go to get help if we need it!

I’m a mod, so if you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to contact me! I hope you enjoy your time here :heart: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey there!
I go by Oneinist on Ao3, Tumblr, Twitter, Pixiv, and Discord. Come say hi if you like~ My pronouns are they/them and I’m non-binary.

I love Naruto, Sailor Moon and Gintama, to name just a few. I am forever going to die-hard-ship KakaIru.

I used to be a lurker for all my life, not having any accounts and reading mostly at fanfiction.net and adultfanfiction.org - but then I stumbled over Ao3 and Pixiv. After completely submerging myself in KakaIru, be it fics/doujinshi and fanart I took the step to create my own account and started being more active.

I recently wrote my very first fanfic and posted my very first fanart. Everything is snowballing (in a good way!) and I’ve signed up for the KakaIru Maze and the Kakashi Bingo Summer 2021 - seriously stoked!!

I’ve realized I enjoy writing but it’s difficult to write in English… I daydream about one day making a doujinshi and hosting my own online event. I’d also love giving being a beta a shot!

Spread the KakaIru looove~

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Oneinist!! :wave:

Naruto & Gintama are also some of my fave animes - I love all the shenanigans!

Congratulations on posting your first creations! :partying_face: It can take quite a bit of courage to make those first steps, but it is so, so worth it, especially with so many supportive people in the community!

Good luck with the events you’ve signed up for! I am particularly excited about the maze challenge, and cannot wait to indulge in all the creations! :heart_eyes:

Yeah, English is a difficult language to learn, especially if it’s not your native language. The more you write, though, the better you will get!

If you have too much trouble with it in any of the events that we run here, though, like the maze challenge, you’re more than welcome to write in whatever language you please! I can’t say I’ll necessarily be able to understand it, but that’s what translators are for, right? :wink:

Those dreams sound like thy would be amazing accomplishments :heart_eyes: Keep working towards them, and you will definitely be able to achieve them!

Once again, welcome to the forum! If you have any questions about what goes on here, feel free to message me any time, as I am one of the mods!

I hope you enjoy your time with us!

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome!! :grinning: I feel at home already~~~

Speaking of languages… I have this weird problem that I watched/read Naruto in Japanese but I write my fics in English so I’m always second-guessing if my dialogues are out of character or not. I would probably get more flow in the descriptive parts if I wrote in Swedish but I’d be even more clueless on the dialogue.

Google translate is the best haha last I used it to comment in Chinese on Pixiv, no clue if I managed to insult someone instead :rofl:

The community is great isn’t it, I was so happily surprised by the response on Ao3 and Tumblr~ Somebody even picked up a prompt I suggested and that made my day haha

I’d be sure to take you up on the offer if I have any questions. For now I’m going through the forum, reading all the fun stuff that’s already here~~

2 Likes

It’s really cool that you know so many languages! I noticed that you posted a comment in Spanish before, too :eyes: I only know English, and what I’ve taught myself with Japanese, but I find languages in general pretty interesting, so I like to encourage people to use whatever language they’re most comfortable with :blush: This is a place for all kakairu lovers, after all!

If you’re worried about your dialogue, feel free to make a post in the Feedback Corner and ask for a beta reader to look over it for you!

I really love the community. There are so many amazing, supportive people; and with all these new places for kakairu fans to go (the forum, Umino Hours, etc.), there’s more events than ever, and so many new ways to share our love of Kakashi & Iruka :heart: :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hello everyone! I did an intro in the baby days of this forum, and since then some stuff has changed for me so I figured I’d delete my old intro and start fresh :kissing_heart:

I’m Tavis (Tav for short), my pronouns are he/him & they/them (either or works for me, as is the magic of being a nonbinary trans guy) and you can find me on my socials here:

AO3: Psychopompsentinal/DokkaebiKing (。•̀ᴗ-)✧
Tumblr: Dokkaebi King (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧
Twitter: DokkaebiKing (˘︶˘).。*:heart:

I’ve been a fan of Naruto, and KakaIru specifically, since I was about 14, so it’s been at least a millennia (。ŏ﹏ŏ) I guess that makes me a fandom grandpa (๑•﹏•) It also means I definitely won’t stop loving KakaIru if I haven’t yet, so here’s to many more years of loving these two dorks! Cheers :clinking_glasses: :heart:˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱

5 Likes

A fellow gramps!! :ghost: :mage:

What a nice idea to re-introduce yourself.

I hurried over to your Ao3 and had a peek - looking forward to reading~~~ Also really like the fanart you posted :partying_face:

3 Likes

Hey, Tav! :wave: It’s nice to see you back! :partying_face:

Once a KakaIru lover, always a KakaIru lover, right? :heart: It’s been just over 2 years for me, and I just know I’m going to love them for life :heart::two_hearts::revolving_hearts:

That was a great idea to re-introduce yourself & start fresh, since there’s been so many changes!

I hope you can still find your way around the forum, grandpa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But if not, feel free to message me any time, as I’m a mod now (in case you haven’t already figured that out XD) :blush:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Cyhyr (she/her), and I recently got back into Naruto and by extension KakaIru—I shipped them back in like, 2012, then took a break from the fandom for a few years but decided to do a Naruto quarantine rewatch and got hooked again. Don’t think it’s gonna let go this time lol

I’m Cyhyr pretty much everywhere on the internets, and I post stories to AO3 and Tumblr under that name. I recently finished the Summer of Whump prompt list and quite a few of those fics ended up being kkir.

I’m not familiar with forums, this one being the first I’ve ever really wanted to be involved with. I may end up just lurking a lot, but either way I’m here :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Cyhyr! :wave: KakaIru is a great ship that has a way of sneaking into people’s hearts when they least expect it XD

We’re looking forward to seeing your work! If you’re ever feeling brave enough, you can post it in the Fanworks category for us to indulge in! :eyes:

We have some how-to guides that may be useful if you get stuck; but if you’re ever really unsure about something, I’m a mod, so you can call for me any time!

I hope you enjoy your time in the forum! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome, Cyhyr! :grinning:

I literally have your fic the Devil’s Bridge open on another tab to read :eyes: Such a coincidence~~~ Hope you enjoy the forum, it’s great fun!

2 Likes

Hello! I’m moe. I am a MultiFandomShipper shipper add I’m super excited to be here! Naruto was where my love of shipping become a thing and it’s also the reason why I started reading fanfic. Started way back when Quizzilla was a thing (if anyone even remembers that) :sweat_smile:
Kakashi/Iruka is definitely in my top 10 favorite Naruto ships so finding this forum is amazing!
Personally I’ve never tried to write for the couple but with some motivation I hope to in the future.

Some none Naruto things about me would be:
I’m also apart of fandoms such as marvel, Supernatural, black butler, inuyasha, psych, and DC.

I am a a funko pop collector (have over 400 and still counting), I’m a caregiver, I love reading fanfics and I enjoy watching gameplays on YouTube.

I look forward to browsing everything on this forum.

Thanks for reading !

4 Likes