OCTOBER DDN SFW DOODLES AND DRABBLES

5 Likes

Candy

Iruka couldn’t stifle his laugh when he turned into the aisle where Kakashi had their grocery cart. There had to be a dozen boxes of candy in there!

“I don’t think we’re going to need that much,” he jested. “Unless you’ve recently developed a sweet tooth?”

He watched a flush steal its way up Kakashi’s ears—too adorable!

“I only need one of these boxes,” he pointed to the 50 bar box, “for my class. And we’ll have way more than enough with two of these,” now he pointed to the 100 bar boxes, “for every trick-or-treater who comes by.”

3 Likes

4 Likes

Candle

Despite his white-knuckle grip on the steering wheel, Iruka couldn’t stop shaking. His ears felt stuffed with cotton as he stared straight ahead into the darkness.

After an eternity he began to feel a touch of warmth permeate his hand. He blinked and looked down. Kakashi had covered it with his own.

“It’s ok, Ru. We didn’t hit anything. I’m not injured. Look at me.”

Iruka slowly turned his head toward Kakashi. Kakashi sagged in relief when Iruka finally acknowledged him.

“I’m going to light a candle to warm us up. We’re not leaving for a little while, I think.”

4 Likes

4 Likes

Prompt 9: Spirit
Curse AU

“So you pissed off a spirit? Big deal, so did I.”

Kakashi resists the urge to snap at him and say he doesn’t understand, can’t understand, because it’s not his best friend’s life at stake because he had once unearthed a shrine that was meant to remain undisturbed.

But then he looks around the tiny shack, and remembers the meticulous way that Iruka had covered up even the cracks in the walls with sheets and moved furniture to make the inside completely sunless. And he wonders if Iruka truly does understand what it’s like to have angered a great spirit.

4 Likes

Spirit (continues from Scare)

Thump

Iruka jumped again.

“I’ve changed my mind: there’s no such thing as spirits and this house is not haunted.”

There. That should stop his silly body from jumping at every sound.

He only needed to find and grab one thing to prove he’d come in, then he’d be eating ramen every day next month on Ibiki’s dime!

He opened his eyes—when did they close?—, looked around, and winced. This room was completely bare. Damn. He would have to explore further in…

Iruka took a deep breath as silently as possible, slowly let it out, and took one step forward.

4 Likes

Costume (continues from Spirit)

One step, then another, and soon Iruka’d crossed the room. He paused at the doorway and glanced all around: empty kitchen or stairs. He was going to take the stairs.

He stepped through the door and onto the first step.

“Hello.”

Iruka froze. That wasn’t his voice.

“What are you doing in my house?”

Iruka slowly looked up. There was a bit of darkness in a vaguely human shape. The shape came closer. He could feel his eyes turn into saucers. That had to be a costume, right…? No person had ears like that on the top of their head…

4 Likes

I did a 5 part story that I may or may not continue with the other prompts :lovetag:

Spook

Iruka swallowed nervously as he walked into the deep, dark abyss. The night was still, and only the crunching of his feet on the dry forest floor could be heard, yet he couldn’t help but feel like he was being watched. Why did he have to declare that he was the bravest of his friends, and why did he have to prove it? He wished he had just kept his mouth shut – this was so creepy!

But regardless of how spooked he was, he had to keep going. If he failed now, his friends would never let him forget it…

Ritual

The deeper Iruka went into the forest, the colder it became; and his thoughts drifted back to when he, Anko, Kotetsu, and Izumo had broken into the abandoned house at the edge of the forest just hours before.

It was rumoured to be haunted, and they’d wanted to talk to a ghost, so they’d set up a Ouija board, candles, and everything, to communicate with one.

The triangular disk had moved on its own at one point, but Iruka had thought it was a prank. With this change in atmosphere, though, he was beginning to wonder if that’d been real…

Scream

As Iruka approached the end of the path, he was more scared than he’d ever been before. He still thought he was being watched, it was cold, and dark; and now he was hearing rustling every now and again! Was something following him? Was it the ghost?!

Iruka took a deep breath to calm himself, and tried to ignore everything around him. There was not a ghost here. He was going to be okay.

But just as he was starting to calm down, a hand touched his shoulder; and he let out the loudest bloodcurdling scream. It was the ghost!

Scare

“What the hell, you guys?!” Iruka yelled. “You scared the hell out of me!”

“You should have seen your face!” Anko cackled.

“It was too easy!” Kotetsu grinned.

“Shut up…”

Suddenly something flickered in the bushes.

“G-Guys, what was that?”

“Haha, nice one, Ru. But that’s not going to work.”

“No, seriously, I saw a shadow move!”

“Yeah, right.”

Suddenly, Anko felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Not working, Ru. Get your hand off me.”

“U-Uh, no one’s touching you…”

Everyone turned to Anko; and their hearts stopped when they saw a giant figure with a glowing red eye.

“AHHHHH!”

Ghoul

Iruka, Anko, Kotetsu, and Izumo were running for their lives. There was a strange creature in the forest with them, hunting them.

It wasn’t transparent, but didn’t seem human, either, and they were sure it was a ghoul. They’d upset it when they’d tried to talk to ghosts, and it wanted revenge.

They ran, and ran until they were safe; and studied the treeline, waiting for it to appear.

But only a boy with silver hair showed, strolling back to the village; and Iruka burst out laughing.

There was no such thing as ghouls!

It had been Kakashi all along!

3 Likes

Part 6, and probably the final part:

Pumpkin

“You really scared us out there – and we never get scared!” Izumo grinned, as he bit into his pumpkin pie.

“Maa, you made it easy.” Kakashi chuckled.

“So what’s next?” Anko asked as she downed her slice of pie. “Wanna spend the night in the haunted house like we planned?”

“It’s getting late, and the forest is dangerous at night." Sakumo said, wandering in with hot chocolate for everyone. "Why don’t you stay over, and watch movies, instead?”

“You’ll be safe from the ghouls.” He winked.

Everyone laughed.

“Alright, we’ll stay.” Iruka grinned.

He’d had enough horror for one day.

3 Likes