Hey guys! We are excited to announce that we have enough participants to run the KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023; and Week One has just commenced!
We unfortunately didn’t get all 24 slots filled, so we will be running the event with 18, instead.
The event will still run the exact same way, with people voting for their favourite tropes, and the lowest ones getting eliminated each week; however, since there’s not enough tropes to eliminate 3 every week, we will be eliminating 3 tropes for the first two weeks, and then 2 tropes from Week 3 onwards.
So now that everyone has signed up, and the event is going ahead, the only thing you have to do now is come in once a week and vote for your favourite tropes on the list until 31st Jan!
At the end of each week, there will be less and less for you to choose from as the tropes with the least amount of votes get eliminated in this heated battle!
As we get closer to the finals, we will announce who has each trope, and who is still in the running for the prize, a fic using the the trope the winner nominated!
Right now, you can vote for as many tropes as you like, but the number will be restricted as the event continues on.
To kick things off, mod @kakairu-shrine has also written a little something that you can read in the comments below or on ao3!
And now that’s all been said, without further ado, let the voting… begin!!!
Week 1: Monday, 4th Dec - Sunday, 10th Dec
- Not noticing the mistletoe at first
- Working on Christmas
- Sitting beside the fire
- Trapped in a snowstorm/Cuddling for warmth
- Fake dating to fool the family
- Dressing up like Santa (ft. dogs as reindeer)
- Gift exchange gone wrong
- Holiday themed prank war
- Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
- Snowball fight as flirting
- One person sneakily showing the other the joy of holiday spirit.
- Spending time with family (including Naruto)
- “If you tell him Santa isn’t real, I will make you regret it”
- Naruto caught Santa kissing Iruka
- Shenanigans at a holiday party
- Christmas (or hoildays in general) gone wrong
- Baking treats for the holidays