KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2021 Week 5

:notes: Wo-ah, we’re halfway there, Wo-ah, 12 tropes are le-ft! :notes:

Thanks to everyone who voted last week! The battle is getting intense, with this week being the final one before we reach the single digits!

As usual, another three tropes will go at the end of the week, so check out the poll below to see which ones made it through, and vote on your favourites again!

Mod @kakairu-shrine has also written a drabble that you can read in the comments or on ao3!

We hope you’re enjoying the event so far!

• Unintentional snowball fight
  • The ninken being used to deliver gifts
  • Slipping on ice, and the other catches them
  • One heavily dislikes the holidays, the other loves them
  • One gets cold easily, the other is a heater
  • One being included on holiday’s traditions from the other and their family (they’re from a different country and have a different culture)
  • Kiss a “stranger” on New Year
  • First holidays together
  • Creating new (family) traditions
  • Cozy evening by the fireplace
  • Caught under a mistletoe
  • Caught in the snow

0 voters

1 Like

DRABBLE: New Year’s Kiss

“Three… Two… One!”

As the crowd cheered, fireworks shot into the air, splattering the sky in rainbow colours; and while everyone gushed and oohed at the display, Kakashi watched Iruka, instead.

When Iruka noticed and their gazes connected, Kakashi blushed and pulled his mask down nervously, his heart rapidly pounding.

Iruka’s face grew hot, too; but despite being flustered, he smiled lovingly, and leaned in to steal their first kiss.

Kakashi melted into his touch as Iruka stole his very soul; and he pressed back against him, smiling.

He couldn’t believe it. He finally had his soulmate by his side.

6 Likes

So precious!!!

1 Like

I am getting so many wonderful mental images every week I vote.
:green_heart: :star2: :green_heart: This event is an absolute treat :green_heart: :star2: :green_heart:

1 Like

Honestly, same XD Every time I go to organise the next poll, or am just looking to see how voting’s going, I always get a smile on my face because the idea of Kakashi & Iruka in all these situations is just so cute!

There’s so many amazing tropes, and I’m looking forward to writing the winning fic!

1 Like