JUNE DDN SFW Doodles and Drabbles!

Hello everyone! Please place your doodles and drabbles for June’s DDN here!

Prompt 1: Ice (with a magical curse twist :smiling_imp:)

“I’m not gonna make it,” Iruka whimpers, looking over his shoulder.

“You are,” Kakashi growls in return. “Sun won’t rise for five more minutes. It should take us three to get you to shelter.”

But the sun rises too quickly, the first of its blasted rays seeping into Iruka’s skin and freezing him still. Kakashi turns and picks him up, gasping at how cold he’d gotten at just the touch of sunlight, like his skin has turned to ice.

He ignores the chills, saying, “Shade, first. But soon, I promise, I’m going to help you fix this curse. Hang on.”

6 Likes

Spin

6 Likes

Prompt 3: Song (more Magical Curse Verse)

Iruka shakes off the day’s chill and whistles as he goes through his pack for something to eat. All the while, Kakashi watches, stunned and a little in awe at how Iruka managed to bounce back from such horrible…

“What’s that song?” he asks gruffly.

Iruka smiles. “An Uzushio sun greeting. I learned it from my father.”

“You… a sun greeting.”

He nods. “It’s ironic, I get that.” He looks out at the western sky, where the sun is long gone over the horizon. “Someday, I’ll be able to sing it in the morning, when it’s supposed to be sung.”

6 Likes

Song …a lullaby heard once long ago

6 Likes

Dance with a vampire

6 Likes

Prompt 5: Costume (Magical Curse Verse)

“What the hell are you wearing?”

Iruka grins. He spins in place with his arms outstretched. “It’s my fuck the sun costume. D’you think it’ll work?”

“I think you’re still going to freeze in all that fabric, and I don’t want us to take that risk.”

Iruka shrugs. “But if there’s a chance that I can be in the sunlight, even like this, then that’s so much more time we can spend trying to find the spirit that cursed you.”

“Me?” Kakashi blinks. “Your curse is so much worse.”

“Doesn’t mean yours isn’t bad,” Iruka sighs, sitting beside him. “Please?”

6 Likes

Costume iruka side hustle wearing a dragon costume for a festival

4 Likes

6 Likes

Prompt 7: Jump (Magical Curse Verse)

It’s early morning, an hour before dawn, and they’ve finally settled down for the day in a little shack. Iruka is busy finding coverings for the two tiny windows and trying to find any cracks in the siding, while Kakashi is lighting a camp stove and preparing vegetables for soup.

They both jump violently as the door slams open, Kakashi standing quickly and putting himself between the door and Iruka—

“Rival!! I have finally found you!!”

Iruka watches as Kakashi’s visible skin pales, and he steps back as Gai steps forward.

Stammering, Kakashi says, “You… Please, you can’t be here.”

4 Likes

6 Likes

Prompt 8: Skate (Magical Curse Verse, direct continuation from prompt 7)

Gai steps forward, and Kakashi keeps stepping back, until Iruka gets in-between them and puts his arms out to either side. “Gai-san, please, you can’t—”

But Gai is surprisingly slippery for someone so solid, and skates around Iruka’s outstretched arms to reach for and pull Kakashi into a hug. The moment he touches Kakashi’s bare wrist, however, he hisses and pulls back as though burned.

“Gai—!”

“What the—?” Gai looks down at his hand, blistered and blackened, and sees that the skin that had touched Kakashi is dead.

Kakashi winces and shrinks away. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, I can’t—”

6 Likes

5 Likes

Skate kid kakashi before the ACCIDENT

4 Likes

Twirl: don’t lose a bet or you will wear a dress

4 Likes

I’m a bit late, but I just did something for the Spin prompt! :lovetag: :poof:

Iruka’s stomach lurched as the world spun all around him. The blur of colours whirled faster and faster, completely disorienting him; and he was growing dizzier by the second. He felt light as a feather, and was sure he would fall soon.

And he did.

But instead of crashing to the floor, he found himself pressed against a nice, warm body; and when he looked up to see who’d saved him, his heart fluttered wildly.

“Kakashi Hatake… Did I die and go to Heaven?” He asked, dazed. “Because you’re an angel.”

“N-No…” Kakashi blushed.

“But I think I just did.”

4 Likes