Hey guys, wishing you all a Happy New Year! May this year be better than the last!
With a new year comes a fresh new start; and we, at the forum, have been discussing things amongst each other to set up some new changes for this year.
As you may be aware, we’ve run a lot of activities such as Meta Monday, Naruto Polls, DDN, monthly Fic Recs, and much more; and you may have noticed that throughout the past year, the consistency and frequency became less and less.
This is because there are only 3 mods here, and irl happenings kept keeping us busy and knocking us down, so the activities became unmanageable.
What we’ve been discussing is how to change that, and how to revive the activities that you know & love without it overwhelming us; and we’ve decided that there will be some slight changes to some of the activities themselves, and the frequency will change. They will still be run regularly, but less often; and as the year goes by, we may change the frequency, depending on how easy they are to run.
But for now, here are the main changes:
- Meta Monday & Naruto polls will be run bi-weekly
- DDN, Fic Recs, and Creator Spotlight will be run every 3 months
- Meta Monday will change from having a Meta question & answer, to simply being a question; and if the poster wishes to answer, they will do so in the comments
- Creator Spotlight will no longer be seeking individual creators for interviews, but will be asking everyone questions, so everyone has a chance to talk about & share their creations
- We are reintroducing Fanwork Friday, where fanworks will be recced from previous events, such as Valentine’s Weeks & Maze Challenges
These are all the activities we’d like to start with, but we may reintroduce more or increase the frequency as time goes by, however, we have other mod duties, too, such as planning & running events, and doing forum maintenance (creating new emojis, writing how-to manuals to help you navigate the site, etc.), so it all depends on what we can manage on top of irl stuff.
Thank you for being so patient with us, and we look forward to enjoying another wonderful year with you all!