Fic Recs: Snow Edition

Hey there! Our monthly fic rec is back; and this time our theme is Snow! We’ve found a great selection of fics for you to enjoy, featuring all kinds of interesting stories!

For those of you who are 18+, come & check out the Lemon Bar post for some more snowy fics to read!

If you have some recs that aren’t there, including your own fics, please share them to your heart’s content!

Please also take a look at our posting guidelines if you’re not sure what you can and cannot post on this thread (and to learn how to gain access to the Lemon Bar if you are 18+)! And more importantly, double check the tags on these recs to make sure you don’t end up reading something you don’t want to!

We hope you like this month’s edition! :chruheartkiss:

Drift (6309 words) by SomnificSheep
Chapters: 2/2
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Kakashi’s dogs - Character
Additional Tags: Snowed In, Developing Relationship, Sharing a Bed, Warm and Fuzzy Feelings, Trans Umino Iruka, Trans Hatake Kakashi, Autistic Hatake Kakashi, Alternate Universe - Modern Setting, Mutual Pining
Series: Part 11 of Every Day I’m Tumblin’
Summary:

Uhei, Bull, and Bisuke eventually wander in from their perch on his bed to settle by his side, noses freezing as they seek out his company. It’s so much easier with them, because they take what he has to give and multiply it tenfold. There’s no worrying that they’ll reject him, no worrying that they don’t feel the same, because they don’t feel in the same way Iruka does.

It’s what he loves about them, but he can’t help the way he craves something more.

Something to fill the space he’s carved out for another person inside his chest.

dance with me (1163 words) by stupidbadgers
Chapters: 1/1
Rating: General Audiences
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: Fluff, Snow, Dancing, kakashi is slightly emotionally stunted, but we love him anyway, especially iruka, iruka doesn’t love being dragged outside while it’s freezing though
Series: Part 1 of promptober 2019 'verse
Summary:

kakashi decides the best time to take a late night stroll is when it’s snowing

12 Dates (9735 words) by tmo
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Hagane Kotetsu, Shiranui Genma, Yuuhi Kurenai
Additional Tags: Fluff, Holiday Fic Exchange, Snow, Alternate Universe - Modern Setting
Summary:

So apparently, Iruka got drunk and went home with someone and made a few odd promises.
This leads to not-your-average twelve days of romance and confusion.

Magic Beans and Fairytale Lattes (3152 words) by JKirin
Relationships: Maito Gai | Might Guy/Yamato | Tenzou, Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Coffee Shops & Cafés, Alternate Universe - Magic, Pining, another fusion of genres nobody asked for xD, Discord: Tenzou’s Cabin, Tenzō’s Cabin, Coffee, Smooching, Fluff and Humor, Feel-good, Short & Sweet, Winter, Getting Together, Warm and Fuzzy Feelings
Summary:

Tenzō is not sure what to do about his crush on a handsome irregular regular at his magic beans coffee shop. On the contrary, Iruka knows exactly what to do about his own crush on a particular peculiar, he is just not sure what, if anything, would come out of it.

(best read with a cup of warm coffee or tea)

Thawing Out (1967 words) by InkRavens
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: Fluff, food as a love language, Hot Chocolate, warmth, Winter, Kakashi is bad at handling his emotions, Iruka hates the cold
Summary:

Iruka keeps finding a cup of hot chocolate on his desk right before he has to leave and head into the cold.

Snowy Day (2769 words) by Kalira
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi & Umino Iruka & Uzumaki Naruto
Characters: Umino Iruka, Uzumaki Naruto, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Discord: Umino Hours, Umino Hours Winter Bingo, Umino Hours Winter Bingo 2020-2021, Alternate Universe, Youkai, Family, Fluff, Snow, Snow Day, Playing, Kitsune Umino Iruka, Kitsune Uzumaki Naruto, Ookami Hatake Kakashi, Wolf Hatake Kakashi
Summary:

It’s snowing heavily outside their warm den, and nothing will quash Naruto’s excitement to go out and play in it.

A snowy start (731 words) by hkandi
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi & Umino Iruka
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Snow, Umino Hours Winter Bingo, Discord: Umino Hours, Mission Related, Returning Home, brr it’s cold
Series: Part 3 of Winter Bingo Stories
Summary:

Kakashi returns home from a long snowy mission to a snowy Konoha (sigh), and Iruka happens to greet him back.

In The Snow (257 words) by enby0angel
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Discord: Umino Hours, Umino Hours Winter Bingo, poem, Poetry, Another weird ass poetry style don’t @ me, Snow, Alternate Universe - Modern Setting, i think, Angst, Fluff, Hurt/Comfort, Maybe - Freeform, Bittersweet Ending, POV Second Person, POV Umino Iruka, IT WAS YOU THE WHOLE TIME, I’m sorry my cricket team just lost by 145 runs, And I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry, So I channel it into crappy tag jokes instead, shut up enby
Series: Part 7 of Enby’s Iruka Winter Bingo
Summary:

You only ever see him in the snow.

2 Likes