Fic Recs: Pranks Edition

Hey there! Our monthly fic rec is back; and this time, with April Fool’s Day coming up, we decided that the theme is Pranks! We’ve found a great selection of fics for you to enjoy, featuring all kinds of mischievous stories!

For those of you who are 18+, come & check out the Lemon Bar post for some more Prank fics to read!

If you have some recs that aren’t there, including your own fics, please share them to your heart’s content!

Please also take a look at our posting guidelines if you’re not sure what you can and cannot post on this thread (and to learn how to gain access to the Lemon Bar if you are 18+)! And more importantly, double check the tags on these recs to make sure you don’t end up reading something you don’t want to!

We hope you like this month’s edition!

twinkle twinkle big star (100 words) by roymustaangs
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Pranks, Iruka Week 2021
Summary:

It was a harmless prank, really.

The Basics (6175 words) by witchbreaker
Chapters: 3/3
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Characters: Yugao Uzuki, Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Shiranui Genma, Namiashi Raidou
Additional Tags: Humor, Pranking, Fluff
Series: Part 2 of The Basics
Summary:

Kakashi shouldn’t have pushed Iruka so much. Iruka shouldn’t have given Kakashi a mystery to solve.

How to teach a Jounin to play a prank (3524 words) by AcademySenseiIruka
Chapters: 8/8
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings, No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi & Yamato | Tenzou, Maito Gai | Might Guy & Yamato | Tenzou, Maito Gai | Might Guy/Yamato | Tenzou
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Yamato | Tenzou, ANBU (Naruto), Nara Shikamaru, Umino Iruka, Maito Gai | Might Guy, Tsunade (Naruto), Pakkun (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Babysitter Yamato, Jounin without social awareness, Fluff and Humor, Drunk Hatake Kakashi, Pranks and Practical Jokes, now with drunk Yamato, Fluff, Humor, Attempt at Humor, kakairu - Freeform, plans that would make Dutch Van der linde proud
Summary:

Yamato has to intervene when Kakashi gets drunk and brainstorms ways of getting Iruka back for a prior prank.

(A bunch of little ficlets strung together that form a cohesive plot.)

i laugh like me again (247 words) by stupidbadgers
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: Pranks, Established Relationship, Humor, Iruka Week 2021
Summary:

iruka rarely had time to plan out a good prank, but when he did, no one was safe. not even kakashi.

Through the glitter, something new (1415 words) by hkandi
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Mizuki (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Hypothermia, Umino Hours Winter Bingo, Discord: Umino Hours, Mischief, Alternate Universe - Modern Setting, Pranks, Missed Chances, But making up for it now, Also boooo Mizuki
Series: Part 6 of Winter Bingo Stories
Summary:

Iruka semi-pines for his coworker, Kakashi, but luck is in their corner today, through some very unexpected discoveries…

Faucets and Fountains (1961 words) by tmo
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Uzumaki Naruto, Yamato | Tenzou
Additional Tags: Umino Hours Discord Server 90 Minutes To Gift Exchange, Canon Compliant, Fuuinjutsu Master Umino Iruka, Pranks and Practical Jokes, Bad Cooking, Fluff
Summary:

Being good at cooking isn’t easy and Iruka was never good at it. There were OTHER things he was good at.

Making Lemonade From Lemons (100 words) by mandapandabug
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: Iruka Week, Iruka Week 2021, Fake/Pretend Relationship, Scars, Bonds, Fuinjutsu, Pranks, Family
Series: Part 7 of Drabble Challenge
Summary:

When Iruka pranked Kakashi with a very public proposal on their mission, he didn’t expect the man to agree! Even more, he didn’t expect him to immediately drag him to the court house. If it weren’t for the mission and the citizens present, Iruka wasn’t sure what he would have done. But maybe it isn’t so bad after all.

2 Likes

I have a couple of my own to share!

My most recent, just posted last week: Spicy (Rating: Teen, CW: None, Word Count: 501)

Kakashi quickly learns the importance of asking before helping himself to homemade goods.

And one of my dad kakairu fics, Family (Rating: Gen, CW: None, Word Count: 1.2k)

Naruto decided to visit Iruka.

If only he knew what was waiting for him behind the door…

1 Like

The Basics is one of my all-time favourite comfort fics. Always good for a laugh.

1 Like

A new prank fic:
There’s more than one way to prank a jonin by @hkandi
Rating: T
No archive warnings apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, lots more in an ensemble cast
Characters: Iruka, Kakashi, lots of others Other Tags: Ramen - Character, April Fools’ Day, Pranks and Practical Jokes, Iruka is a Little Shit, Look out Kakashi!, Look out Iruka!, Misuse of Chakra, Look over your shoulder, Look out Konoha!, Hatake Kakashi Has Issues, Naruto is Just Naruto, Anbu Yamato | Tenzou, Not quite enemies to lovers to friends, Let’s say it’s more like target to romantic interest, Or “how did I get stuck with you?” and then “you’re actually kind of okay”, Complete
Summary
It’s April first and you know what that means - April Fool’s Day!

In which Iruka might be gearing up for a prank or two, and Kakashi is Kakashi - so, a little paranoid, but he’s got a plan at least…right? And Konoha is just trying to survive the day…

1 Like