Fic Recs: Ninken Edition

Hey there! Our monthly fic rec is back; and this time our theme is Ninken! :paw_prints: We’ve found a great selection of fics for you to enjoy, featuring all kinds of interesting stories!

For those of you who are 18+, come & check out the Lemon Bar post for a couple more Ninken fics to read!

If you have some recs that aren’t there, including your own fics, please share them to your heart’s content!

Please also take a look at our posting guidelines if you’re not sure what you can and cannot post on this thread (and to learn how to gain access to the Lemon Bar if you are 18+)! And more importantly, double check the tags on these recs to make sure you don’t end up reading something you don’t want to!

We hope you like this month’s edition!

Every Dog Has His Day (1892 words) by Sandyclaws68
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi’s Ninken, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Getting Together, background pining, The ninken know all, seals master Iruka
Summary:

When an unknown jutsu traps a group of summons on the human plane Iruka is called on to unravel the mystery. It’s plain bad luck that the animals in question are Kakashi’s ninken.

Boss’s Boss (2693 words) by tutseti
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Hatake Kakashi’s Ninken, Umino Iruka, Bisuke | Biscuit (Naruto), Pakkun (Naruto), Bull (Naruto), Urushi (Naruto), Shiba (Naruto), Uuhei (Naruto), Akino (Naruto), Guruko (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Curiosity, Ninken | Ninja Dogs, bisuke is adorable, detective bisuke
Summary:

When Pakkun tells the pack that Kakashi’s been sniffing around a new human lately, Bisuke wants to know who it is.

Icha Icha Love (5675 words) by itendswithz
Chapters: 7/7
Characters: Kakashi’s Ninken, Bisuke | Biscuit (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Fluff, Light Angst, Icha Icha Romance
Summary:

Based on a prompt by witchbreaker. To be updated weekly.

Equilibrium (7765 words) by rokudaime
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: Graphic Depictions Of Violence
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Tsunade (Naruto), Jiraiya (Naruto), Uzumaki Naruto, Hagane Kotetsu, Kakashi’s Ninken
Additional Tags: Emotional Hurt/Comfort, Friendship, Getting Together, Slow Build, Angst with a Happy Ending
Summary:

In the aftermath of his last mission, Iruka has to decide what being a shinobi means to him, and how he wants to move forward. When ominous news means he’s given the opportunity to defend what really matters to him, he knows he’s made the right choice.

(Sequel to Aftershock.)

Sunlight and Sofas (369 words) by Sandyclaws68
Characters: Pakkun (Naruto), Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Hatake Kakashi’s Ninken
Additional Tags: Fluff, Inspired by Fanart, Napping, drabble-ish
Series: Part 6 of Fanart by Berocca
Summary:

The rest of the sofa was taken up by the Boss, and the Boss’s Boss, wrapped up and tangled together. . .

Interference (1763 words) by Kita_the_Spaz
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Kakashi’s Ninken, Uuhei (Naruto), Pakkun (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Community: kakairu_fest, KakaIru Month 2015, Ninken being trouble, Why no tags for the rest of the pack?
Summary:

Written for the June 6th prompt: Two men who have completely different views on what it means to be ninja come together over common ground - their students.

Somehow the ninken decided to stick their nose in this fic.

Catching up on the fest fics I haven’t posted yet.

Target Iruka (3585 words) by Livewire
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Kakashi’s Ninken
Summary:

It takes time to become a new member of the pack.

Contains (Highlight to view): Injuries to both man and beast.

Prompt/Scenario: #14 by jukebox_csi: I’ve read several fics where the ninken love and side with Iruka and don’t have much respect for Kakashi. But, I’d rather see a story where Kakashi starts dating Iruka and the ninken try to sabotage it because they are possessive.

Behind Closed Doors (9991 words) by Aythli
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Kakashi’s Ninken
Additional Tags: Romance, Humor, Slow Build
Summary:

Long-lost friends manage to unintentionally move in next to each other and slowly realize they have a shared history? Sounds an awful lot like something off of Kakashi’s bookshelf. With the ninken woefully unaware of how human relationships actually work – all of their education comes from Kakashi’s books – their schemes to get Kakashi and Iruka to recognize each other are not so successful.

1 Like

I have one of my own fics to share!

Part of the Pack
Rating: Teen & Up, CW: None, Word Count: 2.5k

Summary:

Kakashi was late for work, everything that could go wrong did; and Pakkun was missing when he came home - overall, it had been a horrible day. That is, until a certain someone accidentally slipped into his life.

Or was it more accurate to say he was forced into it, by some meddling dogs?

I maaay be working on a sequel to this :eyes:

2 Likes

Oh interesting !

I wrote a story called “La légende des Hatake” " Hatake’s légende" about niken a few months ago. But it s only focused on Kakashi and a mysterious Niken. Kkir is only a little bit suggested at the end, so I think that it s not ok.

In case, I can propose the summary so you can tell me if it’s ok or not ?

Anyway, I will read your story ! But I have to go to sleep now. It’s 04h30am. Damn, I got lost on the path of night…

1 Like

It sounds like it will be fine to share, but feel free to show me first, if you’re still worried!