Fic Recs: Married, Not For Love Edition

Hey there! Our monthly fic rec is back; and this time our theme is Married, Not For Love! We’ve found a great selection of fics for you to enjoy, featuring all kinds of interesting arrange married & marriage of convenience stories!

For those of you who are 18+, come & check out the Lemon Bar post for some more Married, Not For Love fics to read!

If you have some recs that aren’t there, including your own fics, please share them to your heart’s content!

Please also take a look at our posting guidelines if you’re not sure what you can and cannot post on this thread (and to learn how to gain access to the Lemon Bar if you are 18+)! And more importantly, double check the tags on these recs to make sure you don’t end up reading something you don’t want to!

We hope you like this month’s edition!

Unbreakable Bonds (9977 words) by lalaiths
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Haruno Sakura
Additional Tags: Arranged Marriage, Fake/Pretend Relationship, POV Multiple
Summary:

Kakashi and Iruka are sent out on a mission together to bring down a fledgling group that depends on deep bonds of love to unite their strengths. The biggest problem: They hardly know one another.

Love Reveals The Paradise (13425 words) by cuupid
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Umino Iruka & Uzumaki Naruto, Hatake Kakashi & Uzumaki Naruto
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Uzumaki Naruto, Tsunade (Naruto), Terumi Mei
Additional Tags: Arranged Marriage, Family Feels, Umino Iruka-centric, Alternate History, Does it count since they give Iruka so little backstory so I just created my own?, Happy Ending, Protective Uzumaki Naruto, Also Iruka is the Best Dad
Summary:

Tsunade spread her arms wide, the smile on her face stretched large enough to match. “You two are getting married. Congratulations!”

Or

Recovering from war, Kirigakure and Konohagakure have decided that the best way to unite their villages is a marriage between someone of Kiri birth (Iruka) and someone of Konoha birth (Kakashi).

pour some sugar (on me) (576 words) by ericales
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: Community: kakairu_kink, Snippet, Contract Marriage/Marriage of Convenience
Summary:

“Am I to tell the Ambassador that two of Konoha’s highly trained shinobi ended up half-naked and covered in powdered sugar by accident?”

Loophole (1323 words) by LiveAndLetRain
Rating: Not Rated
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Hatake Kakashi’s Ninken
Additional Tags: Inspired by Hades and Persephone (Ancient Greek Religion & Lore), Arranged Marriage, Marriage of Convenience
Series: Part 2 of Naruto Tumblr Prompt Minifics
Summary:

Tumblr prompt fill for KakaIru arranged marriage au, Hades & Persephone

I’m Latching on to You (1942 words) by menecio
Rating: Mature
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Rokudaime Umino Iruka, Hokage Umino Iruka, Marriage of Convenience, Fake/Pretend Relationship, Pining, Oblivious, Blanket Permission
Summary:

When they made Iruka Hokage, it came with a very specific requirement: marriage.

To Go Hand In Hand (50025 words) by megyal
Chapters: 20/20
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Ninken, Uzumaki Naruto, Sarutobi Hiruzen, Mizuki (Naruto), Kamizuki Izumo, Maito Gai | Might Guy, Yuuhi Kurenai, Sarutobi Asuma, Hagane Kotetsu, Other Naruto Character(s), Original Characters
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Partners to Lovers, Parenthood, Marriage of Convenience
Summary:

Iruka and Kakashi have to join forces…as parents, for Naruto.

4 Likes

I second pretty much all of these, especially To Go Hand in Hand which is pretty much what got me into kakairu.

I also would like to recommend this one, unfortunately not yet complete, but I keep returning to it. I have hope it will update!!

a place where i sink to sleeping (29295 words) by pepperfield
Chapters: 2/4
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Umino Iruka & Uzumaki Naruto, Dai-nana-han | Team 7 & Hatake Kakashi
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura, Shizune (Naruto), Maito Gai | Might Guy, Yamato | Tenzou, Sai (Naruto), Uchiha Sasuke
Additional Tags: Marriage of Convenience, Fake/Pretend Relationship, Post-Fourth Shinobi War, Minor Hyuuga Hinata/Uzumaki Naruto, Minor Haruno Sakura/Yamanaka Ino, Fluff, Falling In Love, Cohabitation, Slow Build, Team as Family, Officially Married
Summary:

“I suppose I chose you since it wouldn’t inconvenience you too much to move into the Hokage residence. It’s quite close to the Academy, as you know.”

“Of course,” Iruka says, nodding slowly. “That’s the best reason for any couple to get married, really. The convenience of their future housing arrangements.”

The Rokudaime is in need of a husband and Iruka is eminently available.

3 Likes

It sounds interesting! I’ll have to give it a read when I have time :eyes:

How does one get to this lemon bar? Clicking the link didn’t work for me… Am I… Blocked?! :scream: I promise I’m older than 18 and worthy! :joy:

There are instructions at the bottom of the posting guidelines, but basically you just have to send a request in here: https://kakairu.rocks/g/adults! Once you’re approved, you’ll have access to all the adult stuff!

Edit: I just added you, myself XD

1 Like

You are beautiful!!!

1 Like