Fic Recs: Kakashi-Centric Edition

Yo! Our monthly fic rec is back; and since it’s Kakashi’s birthday this month, we’ve decided to make the theme all about him! :eggplant: :partying_face: We’ve found a great selection of Kakashi-centric and birthday fics for you to enjoy, featuring all kinds of interesting stories!

For those of you who are 18+, come & check out the Lemon Bar post for some more fics to read :chrunosebleed:

If you have some recs that aren’t here, including your own fics, please share them to your heart’s content!

Please also take a look at our posting guidelines if you’re not sure what you can and cannot post on this thread! And more importantly, double check the tags on these recs to make sure you don’t end up reading something you don’t want to!

We hope you like this month’s edition!

But I Remember You (12971 words) by Kiayla
Chapters: 5/5
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: Not Rated
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Yamato | Tenzou, Yamanaka Inoichi, Morino Ibiki, Tsunade (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Amnesia, Murder Mystery, Genjutsu, Minor Original Character(s), Canon Compliant, Canon-Typical Violence, Slow Build, Umino Iruka is Missing, Hatake Kakashi-centric, POV Hatake Kakashi, Discovery, No Beta We Die Like Ninja, Based on a Dream
Summary:

The man in question leapt up into the tree beside Kakashi. “What are you doing out here? You look like a drowned rat.” The teacher’s face held an unusually concerned expression, his own clothes soaked through, his ponytail so wet that it drooped with its own rivulet of water running from the end, loose strands sticking to his skin. Even this close, Iruka practically had to shout to be heard over the rain and the rushing river.
“On my way back from a mission,” Kakashi managed. “What are you doing out here? Who’s with you?”
“Just me. I had a feeling,” Iruka said vaguely. “Come on, I know a place.”

Better Dreams Than Never (2500 words) by megyal
Chapters: 1/1
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Original Characters
Additional Tags: Fluff, Birthday, Friendship, Friends to Lovers
Summary:

After a frustrating day, Iruka goes home to his friend…and he’s sure he’s supposed to remember something.

Happy Birthday Kakashi! (7683 words) by hkandi
Chapters: 4/4
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi’s Ninken, Pakkun (Naruto), Guruko (Naruto), Bull (Naruto), Akino (Naruto), Bisuke | Biscuit (Naruto), Shiba (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Birthday, Onsen fun, Splash splash, birthday plans, Iruka is an organized person, This is a weird mission…right?, fun with clones, Alcohol as a buffer…, Tacky mugs are great gifts, Complete
Series: Part 2 of Iruka and Kakashi Birthday Stories
Summary:

Kakashi has some great friends. For his birthday they get him an extended weekend at an upscale onsen. And they even hire him an academy chuunin sensei for it. Wait, what?

Or, it’s Kakashi’s birthday, and Iruka has a mission. Literally.

Something Human (1010 words) by The_Lady_smaell
Rating: General Audiences
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: Challenge: kakairu_fest Mini-Bingo, Hatake Kakashi-centric, Fluff, introspective, not beta read we die like men, Established Relationship
Summary:

Kakashi waits for Iruka to return from a mission.

Written for the KakaIru mini bingo. Prompt: Role Reversal.

Birthday Celebrate Right (546 words) by Sassywrites77
Rating: General Audiences
Additional Tags: Fluff, Birthday, Birthday Fluff, Iruka Umino is a Cinnamon Roll, Alternate Universe - Neighbors, Alternate Universe - Modern Setting, Domestic Fluff
Series: Part 4 of Kakashi’s Birthday Celebration
Summary:

Kakashi wants to celebrate his birthday with one person, Iruka, his boyfriend.

Piece it Together (1463 words) by radkoko
Additional Tags: KakaIru Week 2019, Canon Compliant, Fluff, Birthday Fluff, Puzzles
Series: Part 8 of KakaIru Week 2019
Summary:

Iruka leaves notes for Kakashi around town as a fun birthday scavenger hunt.

2 Likes

I have a whole bunch of my own fics to share :eyes:

But it’s my birthday!

Rating: Teen & Up, CW: a little nsfw, Word count: 1k

Summary:

Kakashi keeps using his birthday as an excuse to get what he wants, and Iruka lets him…

Because he’s using Kakashi’s birthday as an excuse to get what he wants, too.

A Secret That Everyone Knows

Rating: Teen & Up, CW: a little nsfw, Word Count: 1.3k

Summary:

Kakashi and Iruka are secretly dating…

But it’s not as secret as they think.

Ace of Hearts

Rating: Teen & Up, CW: None, Word Count: 2k

Summary:

When old feelings resurface, Kakashi wants to bury them and keep avoiding Iruka.

But he can’t say no when he’s invited for coffee; and one conversation changes everything.

A couple of my dad kakairu fics are Kakashi-centric, and there’s a sweet lil birthday fic, too. All of these are SFW, and have no CW! (Listed in chronological order, though they can be read as separate fics!)

1. Dinner and a Show
  2. Peaceful, or Suspiciously Quiet?
  3. Birthday Surprise
2 Likes