Fic Recs: BAMF Iruka Umino Edition

Yo! Our monthly fic rec is back; and since this one was close to Iruka’s birthday, our theme is about the one & only BAMF Iruka Umino! We’ve found a great selection of fics for you to enjoy, featuring all kinds of interesting stories of our favourite badass!

For those of you who are 18+, come & check out the Lemon Bar post for some more fics to read!

If you have some recs that aren’t there, including your own fics, please share them to your heart’s content!

Please also take a look at our posting guidelines if you’re not sure what you can and cannot post on this thread (and to learn how to gain access to the Lemon Bar if you are 18+)! And more importantly, double check the tags on these recs to make sure you don’t end up reading something you don’t want to!

We hope you like this month’s edition!

:chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

To The Sea (9708 words) by lalaiths
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: Graphic Depictions Of Violence
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Haruno Sakura, Tsunade (Naruto), Shizune (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Folklore, Selkies, BAMF Umino Iruka, kakashi is a good boyfriend, Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Summary:

When Iruka and class are attacked by a mysterious swordsman, a mysterious seal will take them to the Land of the Hidden Mist.

The One Time Naruto’s Version Was Less Dramatic (2785 words) by Kalira
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Kakashi Week, Kakashi Week 2020, Scars, Old Wounds, BAMF Umino Iruka, Episode: e001 Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!, (referencing thereof not set in), Hurt/Comfort, Shock, Canon Injuries (mentioned), Kissing, Cuddling & Snuggling, Flirting, Teasing
Summary:

In which Kakashi first gets a glimpse of some of Iruka’s scars, and finds out that Naruto’s effusive praise may actually fall short of reality, when it comes to Iruka.

Power Play (1708 words) by Jubokko
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Shimura Danzou
Additional Tags: BAMF Umino Iruka, Anbu Hatake Kakashi, Iruka Defending his Boyfriend Like a Badass, Shimura Danzou Being an Asshole, Quoting Rules and Regulations in Verbal/Diplomatic Sparring is Pretty Damn Attractive, Especially When It’s Iruka Doing the Verbal Sparring, Light Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Canon-Typical Violence, Iruka Knows Medical Jutsu, Whump
Series: Part 1 of Chaos, Drama, and Shinobi Politics
Summary:

“Danzō-sama,” Iruka’s voice was slightly strained, “by law, you cannot enter this residence without my consent.”

“That law pertains only to civilians. In becoming a shinobi, you forfeited that protection. Come now, Sensei, you know this.”

“You will find that I am perfectly qualified and well-aware of my rights. That same law extends to those employed in government offices. Hatake Kakashi is not a criminal, and my current position grants me the ability to place him under my protective custody.”

“He is ANBU, and already subject to court-martial upon return for exposing his identity.”

“I processed his paperwork. His identity comes as no surprise to me.”

“You are playing a dangerous game, Sensei.” Danzō said, voice low and menacing.

Iruka’s voice showed no fear. “Perhaps I am.”

[i.e. Injured Kakashi crash-lands in his boyfriend's apartment, ROOT hot on his tail, and gets to listen as Iruka engages in a battle of wits to save his ass]

Hostage (3787 words) by MyThoughtBubbles
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Tsunade (Naruto), Yamato | Tenzou
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Kidnapping, Hostage Situations, murder boyfriends, Fuuinjutsu Master Umino Iruka, seals master Iruka, BAMF Umino Iruka, He don’t need no man, Protective Hatake Kakashi, Possessive Hatake Kakashi, Kakashi gets fuckin’ pissed, violence as seduction, Dubious Ethics, Tsunade is over it, Tenzou makes a guest appearance, Canon-Typical Violence, Sexual Tension
Summary:

Iruka winds up kidnapped by rouge nins and saves himself, but Kakashi still comes in for the dramatic rescue

the devil himself (3900 words) by mytsukkishine
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: Graphic Depictions Of Violence
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Lucifer (TV) Fusion, Devil Umino Iruka, detective hatake kakashi, Identity Reveal, Mild Gore, Blood and Violence, Minor Character Death, Body Horror in a way?, KakaIru Week 2021, prompt: secrets, BAMF Umino Iruka
Series: Part 27 of kakairu for the soul
Summary:

Iruka had never once tasted copper in his mouth. He was invincible. Unstoppable. He was the devil himself. But then in some ways, when Iruka got closer to Kakashi and the fear of losing the detective grew in his non-existent heart like a gum he couldn't get rid of, Iruka became vulnerable.

Somehow, being with Kakashi made him human.

And Iruka would make sure he would protect Kakashi at all costs.

Or where Kakashi finally got to know the truth of who Iruka really is.

Achieving the Impossible (2414 words) by Gloomier
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Hatake Sakumo & Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi & Hatake Sakumo
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Sakumo, Hatake Kakashi
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Sakumo Lives, Pre-Relationship, Iruka is kind of a badass, Injured!Sakumo, Fuck Canon
Summary:

Newly minted Chuunin Iruka runs into Konoha’s White Fang while on his way home after completing his mission. Only… things escalate insanely fast and now he has to keep Hatake Sakumo alive long enough for someone to find them.

erased (100 words) by jessicamiriamdrew
Additional Tags: Iruka Week 2021, Drabble, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, BAMF Umino Iruka
Summary:

Iruka Week 2021 Day 5 | Missing Nin

Iruka won’t be used by Konoha again.

Hunger (7107 words) by ideaoforder
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Umino Iruka & Uzumaki Naruto, Sarutobi Asuma & Umino Iruka, Mitarashi Anko & Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi & Uzumaki Naruto
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Uzumaki Naruto, Mitarashi Anko, Sarutobi Hiruzen, Sarutobi Asuma
Additional Tags: Team as Family, BAMF Umino Iruka, Parent Umino Iruka, Anko needs a hug, Food Issues, Protective Hatake Kakashi, POV Umino Iruka, Anbu Hatake Kakashi, Hatake Kakashi is a Good Teacher, Pre-Naruto Canon Era, Child Neglect, Umino Iruka Is So Done
Series: Part 1 of Starved
Summary:

“When he looked back on it later, Iruka’s prevailing memory of the first few years after the Kyuubi attack wasn’t even really a feeling, but rather a sensation: hunger.”

After growing up alone and hungry, Iruka is very careful to live his life under the radar, even while he remembers the dog-masked Anbu who saved him. He’s irate when he’s forced to teach a certain jinchuriki in his classroom and wants nothing to do with the brat. Then he notices the worst thing in the world: Uzumaki Naruto is hungry.

Edited/Updated Oct 2021

1 Like

I have one of my own :eyes:

Love’s Curse (17660 words) by demonofabove
Chapters: 11/11
Additional Tags: seals master Iruka, Fuuinjutsu Master Umino Iruka, Supernatural Elements, Ghosts, Spirits, Mission Fic, BAMF Umino Iruka
Summary:

Kakashi & Iruka are sent on a mission to investigate a sealed tomb in Suna, prompted by claims of a ghost disturbing the area.

Suddenly, they become sealed in the tomb, too; and they need to figure out how to escape.

1 Like