Fanfic: Spirit child (w/ cover art)

This is my fic for the mini bang! :heart: :two_hearts:
Spirit Child (9175 words) by demonofabove
Chapters: 8/8
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: Not Rated
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Shiranui Genma, Tsunade (Naruto), Haruno Sakura
Additional Tags: Angst, Pining, Spiritual, Urban Legends, Australian Aboriginal Mythology, Mpreg
Summary:

Iruka entered the lake alone, but left again with two.
He wasn’t expecting anything that happened;
But somehow, Kakashi knew…

Kakashi knew that a spirit child had tagged along, too.

1 Like

Finally got around to reading this! The aboriginal mythology was very interesting, and your depictions of it felt really otherworldly. :smiley: The image of a stomach opening like a door and a child climbing in really stuck with me.

also poor kakashi, at least in the beginning - the conflict between a believer and a non-believer was a cool choice, though i’m glad iruka came round in the end.

1 Like

I’m glad you found the legend interesting! :heart: :two_hearts:

Sadly, I don’t know too much about my ancestors, the culture, etc. bc of historic and personal reasons; so I really enjoyed researching myths, and finding something I could share :heart:

I had a lot of fun writing spiritual Kakashi - it was an intriguing concept I’d never worked with before! Poor baby, though, not being believed in the beginning… But Kakashi probably also understood why Iruka didn’t; bc why would he believe that he, a man, is pregnant, without any kind of proof? At least they got through that hurdle :blush:

1 Like