Fanfic: Sometime's Goodbye Is a Second Chance

Sometime’s Goodbye Is a Second Chance (9052 words) by paxton1976
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Naruto (Anime & Manga)
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke, Sarutobi Asuma, Yuuhi Kurenai, Sarutobi Mirai, Original Character(s)
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Modern Setting, Post-Break Up, Impending Divorce, Second Chance, Dating Again, Memories, Getting Back Together, Renew Vows, Happily Ever After, Good Surprise at the End, kakairu.rocks’ KakaIru Valentine’s Week 2024 (Naruto), Complete

Summary:
Lost and broken after Iruka declares he wants a divorce, Kakashi is left hopeful by the proposal that his estranged husband has put on the table.

“Kakashi,” Iruka said quietly, “I didn’t expect to run into you here. Literally.”

“Likewise,” Kakashi said, tamping down the desperation that threatened to overwhelm him.

“How are you doing?” he asked.

“Hurt. Lost. Alone,” Kakashi replied honestly, Iruka’s face paling, “You wanted to know. If you’ll excuse me, I have to get going. Busy day tomorrow, you know.”

“I was going to call you tonight,” Iruka said suddenly, Kakashi stopping in his tracks before he wandered too far, “It’s about the divorce proceedings. It’s not something I wanted to talk with you about in a grocery store though. Would you be willing to meet me at Konoha Diner?”

“You can tell me here,” Kakashi said.

“I don’t want to go through with tomorrow,” Iruka declared, “I want to get into my reasons but not here.”

2 Likes

This is a great fic! Thanks for sharing!
:chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss: