Creator Spotlight: Sweetysamaa

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @sweetysamaa!

This is a member’s only activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about Sweetysamaa & her creations as much as we did. Please give them some love :heart:

Pronouns: She/ Her, They/ Them

Type of Creator: Writer & Artist

Where to find them:

1. Sweetysamaa | Archive of Our Own
  2. Sweetysamaa on Tumblr
  3. https://twitter.com/SweetySamaa

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

I started writing around September 2020. I’m French, and since I had no idea about this whole community at that time, I wanted to satisfy my own need for kakairu because I think I’ve read all the French kakairu fics out there.

As far as my poor attempt to do art, you have to know that I’m fairly new to drawing, and while I’ve always enjoyed it, it’s always been something that’s been difficult for me because I don’t have any special skills - and I still don’t. So… I was always giving up.

I started again around November 2020, because I really wanted to draw those two idiots that I love so much, and I didn’t start drawing « seriously » until March 2020.

So, I’m really a beginner in both writing and art, and constantly improving; at least, I hope so.

2. What are you working on right now?

I’m working on the first chapter of a fic for my maze. Maybe this chapter will already be published when this interview comes out?

I’m also working on the translation of some of my « old » french fics so that I can share them with you. :blush:

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

I have an endless favorite tropes that I love. I tried to pick just one but couldn’t. I picked three, I hope that’s okay? :frowning: I am a very indecisive person xD.

I’m a sucker for Kakashi being the one who runs away from happiness thinking he doesn’t deserve it, or that he sacrifices himself without realizing he’s hurting his friend and Iruka.
I also love Kakashi using Sukea to seduce Iruka, and then everything ends up in shitty situations where Iruka suffers and Kakashi blames himself.

But on the other hand, I love writing idiots in love one shots - funny and weird situations where Iruka is completely done with Kakashi’s crappy ideas. xD

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

My favorite piece is this one that I did for the maze.

This was the very first time I painted such a background! I tried new techniques I learned through courses or by myself, new brushes, etc. I’m pretty proud of this one because I feel like it tells a story, and a lot of people have told me that, too; and that’s definitely one of the best compliments for many artists to receive, I think.

Besides, I had a lot of fun with this one! Which is a good point to pick something as our favorite, right?

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

As I said, I’m working on a fic for my maze and it’s my new « big project ». I hope to live up to the plot I’m still brainstorming.

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

Yes, I do! I even have some ideas for Kakairu comics/drawings with her! I think you’ve already seen her somewhere. She is my profile picture :blush:. And this is her profile: Shinrin Okami - Google Docs

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

Definitely this one.

There are so many reasons why this piece was the hardest. The pose was quite difficult fro me to construct, even though I used references. (I use photographs, because I can’t draw poses without them yet). But the most difficult thing was the kiss. I can’t draw kisses.

8. Do you have any favourite scenes from something you’ve created?

There is this one from one of my Sukea/Iruka fics: The cooking chef of Rokudaime
(I’m working on the translation so I can share it with you soon!)

Kakashi is holding baby Boruto in his arms, completely lost and Iruka comes to help Kakashi to place his arms correctly. Their backgrounds make the act very sorrowful for them but it’s also so cute and meaningful! I love that there are two very different feelings at the same time.

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

That’s a good question. Most of the time, whether it’s the morning or at night, I’m trying to sleep and my brain seems to disagree with that and then starts to throw me ideas, dialogues, and sentences at my face!

I also like to choose certain words and think about how they make me feel. That’s why I like bingo and event prompts.

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

My Soul Is You. Because it’s the very first fic I wrote thanks to a discussion with discord members. :blush:

3 Likes