Creator Spotlight: NKI-Stories

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @NKI-Stories!

This is an activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about Nina & her creations as much as we did. Please give her some love :chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Pronouns: She/Her

Type of Creator: Writer & Artist

Where to find her:

1. NKI_Stories - Profile | Archive of Our Own
  2. Ninja-Art on Tumblr

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

The first fic I ever posted was my fic ‘No More’ in July 2019. Back then I planned for it to be my first and last fic. I had been reading KakaIru fics for a while and felt really inspired. I wanted to write a fic for the sake of trying, and leave it with that. But then, what was 1 chapter originally, turned into 2, and then there was suddenly a sequel of 30k words + and more and more fics was created. (KakaIru just has that impact and was the pairing that got me into fanfiction in the first place.)

2. What are you working on right now?

Unfortunately there isn’t any KakaIru content I am actively working on at this present moment, but I do have a few ideas and WIP’s that I hope to finish one day. I would really like to finish my fic ‘Worth’, which unfortunately has been on hiatus for the longest time. It is about Iruka training to become Jonin to be able to take on the headmaster position due to requirements set by the council. Kakashi is hokage, but decides to train Iruka himself. But, it’s not easy as they have history and a lot of hurt feelings, and Iruka specifically has a hard time learning to trust Kakashi again.

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

Ohh! I really love and adore the enemies to lovers trope. There is just something about stories with relationships built on misunderstandings or conflicts; which later develops into something more. I think I enjoy stories that emotionally invest the reader, because I feel like it has a stronger impact on the eventual happy ending! It is a love story where the character gets to see more sides to their love interest. It gets at least me very invested because I want to see how and why they eventually fall in love when circumstances for it weren’t really laid out for it in the first place!

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

Hmm… I think the one that I treasure the most must be ‘Broken Promise’, which is the sequel to my very first fic. It is the longest fic I’ve written and the one that made me continue to create KakaIru content. It is a fic built on lots of hurt feelings and misunderstandings. It is quite an emotional rollercoaster!

But if I have to say favorite fic, it must be the fic ‘The more you know’. It is KakaIru from Genma’s perspective, well… Before he figures it out at least :stuck_out_tongue:

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

There is one that I started working on a while ago, which is about KakaIru friends with benefits from Kakashi’s perspective. It is built on the trope of Misunderstandings with a happy ending, of course. They make a list of rules they have to follow in which one of them mentioned no feelings and emotional attachment allowed. It works for a while, until Kakashi starts to develop feelings and notices that Iruka is distancing himself. To save himself from further heartbreak, he wants to stop their arrangement, only it is easier said than done.

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

I always wanted to build an original character for the Naruto universe, and I do have one that I planned for a fic that unfortunately got scrapped. But the character is an ANBU Captain, of what one will consider to be an ordinary ANBU team. But he is a descendant of two different clans. He didn’t inherit a Kekkei Genkai from either of the clans, but instead he has a Kekkei Genkai that is completely unique. However it is one that affects anyone he touches and could be fatal.

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

I would say the hardest one to create was ‘Broken Promise’. It plays so much on emotions and it is the longest fic I have written to date, it was also my second ever fic to write, so I didn’t have a lot of writing experience. It has some moments that tears at your heart.

8. Do you have any favorite scenes from something you’ve created?

I think one of my favorite scenes is from the fic ‘This beating heart won’t rest’. The scene is Kakashi and Iruka meeting in the Hokage’s office to talk about the academy and the progress of the students. However, Kakashi is so busy daydreaming about Iruka he hardly pays attention, and Iruka notices. Kakashi ends up making a fool of himself, of course! :’ )

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

Well, firstly I found KakaIru fanfiction from just googling Naruto, and happened to see some art of Kakashi and Iruka. That brought me into the world of fanfiction and I never left! Some inspiration comes from reading other fics, be it KakaIru or other pairings, some comes from art (gosh! There is so much beautiful KakaIru art out there!), but mostly, these days from Naruto themed discord servers! There is so much fun in discussing pairings and ideas with fellow content creators!

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

The most meaningful… It’s hard to pinpoint, because my first fic is where it all started, but I think maybe the first KakaIru art piece I made brings me the most joy. It is simply Kakashi and Iruka standing next to each other, holding an arm around the other. They both look incredibly happy and content, and that is how I wish every ending to be for the both of them! Full of happiness and love!

1 Like