Creator Spotlight: llsilvertail

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @llsilvertail!

This is a member’s only activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about llsilvertail & her creations as much as we did. Please give them some love :chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Pronouns: She/They

Type of Creator: Writer

Where to find them:

1. llsilvertail | Archive of Our Own
  2. https://llsilvertail.tumblr.com/

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

I think I properly started creating KakaIru fanfics around the middle of 2020 because of COVID, but I only really started posting stuff towards the end of that year. I’m still pretty new to writing, so I’m still a bit unconfident, but we’re getting there lol.

2. What are you working on right now?

So many things. I have like, 9 WiPs rn >.<, but I think the fic that’s closest to being done is a modern AU where Iruka and Kakashi are physicists. I’m also working on writing drabbles and ficlets to get back into things.

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

Idk that I have a particular trope, but I really enjoy writing bittersweet stories where tragedy has happened, but they’re working past it and things are getting better. If I was forced to choose tho, I think probably omegaverse if only because there are so many fascinating societal norms and aspects to explore and there’re so many things you can do with it. (like, I literally wrote a 1k+ word post to help world build omegaverse)

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

Oh god. Please don’t make me choose. I love all of them. But I think I’ll point to “Staring Into the Stars”. If only because I think it’s sweet how much Iruka and Kakashi love each other and are there for each other.

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

Nothing in particular, but I do have a really interesting soulmate AU I’m fleshing out the world building on, so whenever I’m finished with that, that’ll probably be it.

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

Hmm, not particularly. I haven’t really written many fics that call for an original character yet. I do have a very minor character who I wrote as Iruka’s sensei in a fic that I think would’ve been really interesting to figure out more, but well, things got a bit difficult for them.

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

I think my most recent fic “The Quiet Moments” because it’d been a while since I’d written anything and I am/was rusty. It’s not my favourite, but I’m glad I was able to get something out to cleanse my writing palate as it were and hopefully make it easier to write something.

8. Do you have any favourite scenes from something you’ve created?

Ooo. Basically the entirety of “A Pocket Full of Pixies”. It’s a dialogue only drabble and I love how every line just adds new context to what’s happening as it descends into utter hilarity.

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

Heck. Idk. I think it comes from some combination of things I see in real life, books/media/fanfic I consume, and conversations I have with people both irl and online.

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

This one’s a non-KakaIru Iruka centric fanfic called “Only to Forget” (CW: DARK. Please check the tags if you are interested in reading this fic), mostly because it shows the beginnings of someone pulling themselves out of both a spiral and their prejudice. They’re not there yet, but there’s hope. And I think it’s really important to show that not everyone’s always perfect and that’s okay. Fair warning though, it’s a pretty dark fic thus the CW.

5 Likes

I’m finished with my exams so I can finally reply!! :tada:

So, thank you for the spotlight and the work y’all mods put into the forum!!! :sparkling_heart: I’m so happy to have been chosen for this!!

2 Likes

@llsilvertail :lovebomb: :lovebomb: :lovebomb:

Congratulations on the spotlight! I really enjoyed reading your interview

:heart: :chruheartkiss: :heart:

1 Like