KakaIru Valentine's Week 2021!

We, at the Kakairu Rocks forum, are excited to announce KakaIru Valentine’s Week 2021! This is an open event run from Monday 8th February to Sunday 14th February dedicated to the love of our favourite ship! We accept all kinds of content, including fics, art, music, moodboards, and any other creation you can think of, as long as it is KakaIru!

Prompts:

• Day 1 (8th Feb): First dates
  • Day 2 (9th Feb): Soulmates
  • Day 3 (10th Feb): Secret Admirer
  • Day 4 (11th Feb): Friends to Lovers
  • Day 5 (12th Feb): Letters
  • Day 6 (13th Feb): Blind Dates
  • Day 7 (14th Feb): Valentine’s Day

Rules:

All content must be created for this event – old/ recycled work will not be allowed.

This is a KakaIru event, so all works must be endgame KakaIru.

Triggering, sensitive & NSFW content must be tagged appropriately. If it isn’t, we will not share it. Please also try to censor it where possible (Under a Read More cut on Tumblr, posting in the Lemon Bar on the Kakairu Rocks Forum, etc.).

Guidelines:

You don’t have to create something for every prompt, but we most certainly encourage it; and you’re quite welcome to create multiple things for a single prompt!

There is no word limit for fics.

We would prefer it if you posted on the correct day, but late entries are okay, too!

Where to post:

Kakairu Rocks Forum: SFW content in the Fanworks section, and NSFW or triggering content in the Lemon Bar (You must be a forum member, and 18+ to have access to the Lemon Bar).

We have an AO3 collection you can post to, which will be open until 28th February; and we would like you to use the tag KakaIru Valentines Week 2021.

Tag us on Tumblr with the prompt your work is for.

On Twitter, tag @kkirvalentine21 and use #KakaIruValentinesWeek2021

All tagged work will be shared by us, and a master post will be created at the end of the event!

If you have any questions about Valentine’s Week, please let us know!

We look forward to seeing your creations!

5 Likes

You know I’m gonna write something for this :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I’m already looking forward to reading it! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I can’t believe there’s only one month to go now!! I’m so excited!!

ahh im so excited for this! i had completely forgot about it until i saw the reblog the other day, but it’s in my calendar now so i won’t forget! i have to figure out what i’m gonna write for it. roommate suggested i do a fake dating fic since i haven’t written one of those yet.

1 Like

Ooh, I love fake dating! :eyes:

I have ideas for most of the prompts now, and am hoping by the time the event starts (or ends), I’ll have at least one creation for each day. I was hoping to get started earlier, but I really wanted to get a bingo on my Winter Bingo card, so I had to put it off for a bit. But now that’s over (well, for me, at least), I can focus entirely on this! :grin:

I really want to do another Iruka shenanigans fic like the one I wrote about him convincing Kakashi to break into T&I with him (I just remembered I was going to draw that scene with Ibiki XD); and I was also considering doing another Kaito fic for one of the prompts :eyes:

Iruka shenanigans are :ok_hand::ok_hand:

KAITO!!! Yes please!!!

1 Like

AHH I just came up with the best idea for the soulmates prompt, and am totally not flailing about right now!!

Hear me out: soulmates + enemies to lovers + pirate AU

I came up with the idea like, an hour ago, but here’s an excerpt from a scene I just started working on:

Kakashi paced closer to Iruka, maintaining eye contact with him; and when he was standing right in front of him, he bent down to face level, keeping his head just inches away from him, and stared him down silently. As he took in his profile, he couldn’t help but notice Iruka’s provocative gaze, how he kept on stealing glances at his lips like there was nothing more he wanted to do than press his own against them; and for just an instant, for a split second, Kakashi felt drawn to him, like he wanted that, too.

The tension in the air thickened as they gazed at each other in silence; and finally, Kakashi leaned forward, tilting his head to the side as he closed the space between his and Iruka’s faces. Iruka tilted his head slightly in response, his eyes quickly flicking from his eyes to his lips and back again, his body waiting to be kissed; but Kakashi never kissed him. Instead, he leaned past his face, to the side of his head, and whispered in his ear.

“You are my prisoner.” He murmured, his hot breath tickling Iruka’s neck, sending goosebumps along his skin. “Why wouldn’t I be watching you?”

2 Likes

YEEESSSS I am here for this!

The tension is excellent!

1 Like

heck yeah i am also HERE for the tension!!!

1 Like

AHH This AU is going out of control!!! I just planned the last of it (bc I didn’t really know where I was going before - I was just going with the flow), and it is ten. chapters. long., so it’s going to end up being around 15k words, I think :eyes:
I have only written three and a half of the chapters, and no other fics; and Valentine’s Week is coming up so fast! Halp! :sob:

1 Like

rubs hands together gleefully yessssssss

now that i’ve finished my bingo board i can focus on getting some valentine’s week fics planned!!

2 Likes

Hell yeah!! I can’t wait to see what you write! :eyes: I know I said it in the server, but congratulations on blacking out your board! :partying_face: You did such an incredible job!

My pirate fic has officially reached 10k words now, and I’m only about half way through chapter 7 out of 11. I reckon it’s gonna end up being around 18k words now, instead of 15k. I think I’ll get it done in time, but if I want to add any other works for Valentine’s Week, they’re probably gonna be a bit late :sweat_smile:

So update on my pirate AU (because I’m going crazy keeping it all to myself), I just finished chapter 9, and have three more chapters to go! Word count: almost 15k :eyes: And it has a lot of potential of reaching 20k words.

Needless to say, I’m just a little bit excited about this fic!

2 Likes

I am also excited for this fic! I cant wait to read it!

1 Like

flails about I am finding it super hard not being able to share it yet, especially since it’s a long fic, and will be one of my longest completed fics ever (My longest fic is 24.6k words, and second longest is 20.6k words - I’m expecting this one to be in between.)! At least there isn’t too much longer until Soulmate day (the 9th)!

OH THATS SO EXCITING!

I realised earlier I havent even thought about fic ideas yet so I gotta cronch :cold_sweat:

1 Like

You know what’s even more exciting?! IT IS DEFINITELY GOING TO HAVE MORE WORDS THAN TUNNEL VISION, NOW! I reached about 22k earlier, and still have a couple of chapters to go (yes, I needed to add another one in again :joy:); so I’m now predicting it’ll be about 25k words.

And I have SIX days to get it done & edited in time! AHHH!

Also, good luck! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! :heart_eyes: