KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023: Week 6!

It’s Week 6 of the KakaIru Advent Calendar battle; and this is an important battle, because it is the last one before the semi-finals!

Last week, the votes eliminated the bottom two tropes from the list, leaving 6 tropes still standing; and this week, another two will go, and will determine which ones make it to the semi-finals!

In no particular order, these are the people who still have a chance to make it through to the end and win the prize:

@llsilvertail - fake dating to fool the family
@Mandapandabug - Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
@kage - Naruto caught Santa kissing Iruka
@oneinist - Not noticing the mistletoe at first
Avana_Of_Magic - Spending time with family (including Naruto)
@That1ValiantCougar - Trapped in a snowstorm/Cuddling for warmth

Good luck to these six people! We hope to see you on the other side!

Note: This week, you will only be able to nominate up to four of the six options!

Mod @kakairu-shrine has also written another little treat that you can read in the comments below or on ao3!

We hope you’re enjoying the event so far!

:chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Week 6: Monday, 8th Jan - Sunday, 14th Jan
Tropes: 6

• Fake dating to fool the family
  • Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
  • Naruto caught Santa kissing Iruka
  • Not noticing the mistletoe at first
  • Spending time with family (including Naruto)
  • Trapped in a snowstorm/Cuddling for warmth
0 voters
1 Like

New Year’s Resolution

“Yo!” Kakashi greeted when he saw Iruka walking along street.

“Kakashi! Hi!” Iruka grinned.

“Maa, it’s been a while, hasn’t it? I haven’t seen you since last year.” Kakashi winked.

“Not you, too… Everyone’s been saying that.” Iruka groaned. “I bet you’re going to ask me what my New Year’s resolution is, as well.”

“I wasn’t, but now that you mention it… Do you have one?”

“Well, I mean I have plans for the year, but I wouldn’t exactly call them resolutions.” Iruka replied. “What about you?”

“I have one thing I want to do.” Kakashi admitted. “But it’s a secret. It won’t come true if I say what it is.”

“You can share New Year’s resolutions with people, it’s wishes that don’t come true of you share them.” Iruka grinned. “But I won’t pry if you don’t want to tell.”

“If you don’t mind sharing, what were your plans for the year?” Kakashi asked curiously. “Something to do with teaching? Or perhaps relationship-wise?”

Iruka blushed, and glanced away shyly.

“I guess a relationship is up there, I am at an age where I want to settle down," Iruka admitted, "but I’m not going to get in a relationship with someone just for the sake of being in a relationship. I want to be with someone I’m compatible with, who wants the same things as me, so we can live a long life together.”

“Someone like me?”

“T-T-That’s – I-I, ah –” Iruka stuttered in his flustered state, his heart pounding wildly, and face growing hot.

Kakashi chuckled, and pet his head.

“If you ever feel that way about me, you know where to find me.” He said warmly. “Anyway, I’d love to keep talking, but Tsunade-sama has summoned me, so I unfortunately need to go. Take care.”

As he began to walk off, Iruka’s mind finally caught up to him.

“W-Wait!” He called out. “Was that a confession?!”

“Who knows?” Kakashi winked. “Maybe one day you’ll find out.”

With that, he waved goodbye and walked off, leaving a red-faced Iruka frozen in place.

Now that I’ve said all that, I hope that day will be soon…

“Maa, that’s my resolution crossed off." He said, smiling to himself.

"Now that Iruka knows I like him, this is certainly going to be an interesting year ahead…”

He couldn’t wait for the chase to begin.

3 Likes

BAHAH!!! Kakashi!!! What kind of confession was that kakashi? Hahaha. I loved it. What a Cute story.

1 Like

Thank you! :lovetag: Even when Kakashi is confessing, he still can’t help but only do the bare minimum lmao Poor Iruka is going to be in for a confusing year XD