KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023: Week 5!

Happy New Year, everyone! May this year be better than the last!

With a fresh, new year, we start a fresh new week of the KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023, with Week 5 finally here!

Last week, the votes eliminated the bottom two tropes from the list, leaving 8 tropes still standing; and this week, another two will go!

Please check out the poll below to see which tropes made it to the next round, and vote on your favourites again!

Note: This week, you will only be able to nominate up to six of the eight options!

Mod @kakairu-shrine has also written another little treat that you can read in the comments below or on ao3!

We hope you’re enjoying the event so far!

:chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Week 5: Monday, 1st Jan - Sunday, 7th Jan
Tropes: 8

• Spending time with family (including Naruto)
  • Naruto caught Santa kissing Iruka
  • Gift exchange gone wrong
  • Dressing up like Santa (ft. dogs as reindeer)
  • Trapped in a snowstorm/Cuddling for warmth
  • Not noticing the mistletoe at first
  • Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
  • Fake dating to fool the family
0 voters
2 Likes

New Year’s Kiss

“There’s just one more minute until we ring in the New Year!”

The crowd sitting on the grass by the river cheered, their voices barely audible over the popular, upbeat music blasting through the street.

A pang of wistfulness churned in Iruka’s chest.

Yet another year had passed, and he still didn’t have anyone to kiss when midnight hit. How many years in a row was that now?

He was starting to get old, so his chances were only going to become less and less. If only he’d been bolder when he was younger, or even just this year…

Suddenly, he sensed a familiar chakra signature; and he looked up to find Kakashi wandering his way; and when he’d sensed that he was being watched and made eye contact with him, a deep blush crept on his face, and he glanced away shyly.

Trust his crush to appear when he was thinking about New Year’s kisses…

“Yo!” Kakashi greeted warmly as he approached.

“H-Hi.” Iruka replied shyly.

Kakashi paused and studied him carefully, then leaned in to whisper in his ear so he could hear him over the crowd.

“Is everything okay?” He murmured, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. “You look very red. Are you hot? Do you have a fever? Do you want to sit down somewhere?”

As Kakashi’s soft breath tickled his ear and side of his neck, goosebumps prickled along his skin, and his heart began to flutter wildly.

“I-I’m okay.” Iruka blushed, gazing into Kakashi’s eyes as he gazed back in concern. “I just…”

Iruka trailed off, caught in Kakashi’s eyes, unable to speak, unable to recover from his charm.

“Thirty seconds to go!” The DJ yelled into the microphone.

“U-Um…” Iruka began, glancing away uncertainly. “If there’s someone you wanted to kiss at midnight, you’d better go find them…”

“What about you?” Kakashi asked, gently lifting his chin with a finger so he could study his expression. “Don’t you have anyone you want to kiss?”

Iruka gazed at Kakashi carefully, his heart racing wildly. His face was so close to his, he could feel his gentle breath caressing his skin; and it only made his face feel even hotter. Should he tell him the truth? But what if he didn’t like him back? What if it changed things between them, and it was too awkward to face each other anymore? What if they never saw each other again?

“Ten, nine, eight, seven, six!” The crowd began to chant.

Iruka swallowed nervously. He was never going to get anywhere if he always thought like that. What happened to his resolution to be bolder? He had to brave if he wanted things to change, to be able to have someone by his side.

He took a deep breath, and nervously reached up to cup Kakashi’s masked cheek; and when Kakashi didn’t pull back or show any signs of distress, he carefully slipped the tip of his fingers into the mask, ready to peel it away.

“Five! Four!”

“I do have someone I want to kiss.” He said.

“Three!”

“And he’s standing right in front of me.”

“Two! One!”

When the crowd cheered, and the first of the fireworks shot into the sky; Iruka pulled Kakashi’s mask down, and leaned in, pressing his lips against his in a deep, tender kiss.

As their mouths connected, fireworks exploded not just around him, but in his heart, too; and when Kakashi pressed back, deepening the kiss, wanting to taste him more, Iruka grew weak and melted against him.

He’d wanted this more than anything, to have Kakashi accept and reciprocate his feelings, to be able to kiss and feel him against him; and it was better than anything he’d ever imagined. He never wanted this moment to end.

As the fireworks continued to explode, Iruka hooked his arms around Kakashi’s neck while Kakashi’s snaked around his waist; and the two of them continued to make out, oblivious to the world around them.

Finally, the fireworks ended, and the crowd began to disperse; and they slowly broke apart, gazing fondly at one another.

“Happy New Year.” Iruka murmured warmly.

“Happy New Year, Ru.”

Kakashi leaned in and kissed Iruka again.

“Would you like to come over?” He hummed hotly. “We have quite a bit to talk about.”

“I’d love to.” Iruka replied.

Though somehow, I don’t think we’re going to be doing much talking.

And as Kakashi flickered him away, a small smile crept on his face.

But that’s okay. We’ve got all the time in the world to talk.

Now that you’re mine.

2 Likes