KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023: Week 4!

Welcome to Week 4 of the KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023! We apologise for being a little late in posting this week, but hope you understand, considering Monday was Christmas day! :christmas_tree: We hope you all had a wonderful day, whatever your plans were!

Going back to business, last week, the votes eliminated the bottom two tropes from the list, leaving 10 tropes still standing; and this week, another two will go!

Please check out the poll below to see which tropes made it to the next round, and vote on your favourites again!

Note: This week, you will only be able to nominate up to eight of the ten options!

Mod @kakairu-shrine has also written another little treat that you can read in the comments below or on ao3!

We hope you’re enjoying the event so far!

:chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Week 4: Monday, 25th Dec - Sunday, 31st Dec
Tropes: 10

• “If you tell him Santa isn’t real, I will make you regret it”
  • Trapped in a snowstorm/Cuddling for warmth
  • Spending time with family (including Naruto)
  • Snowball fight as flirting
  • Gift exchange gone wrong
  • Dressing up like Santa (ft. dogs as reindeer)
  • Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
  • Naruto caught Santa kissing Iruka
  • Fake dating to fool the family
  • Not noticing the mistletoe at first
0 voters
2 Likes

Christmas Morning

Iruka…

That was Kakashi’s voice… What was he doing in this dream? Had he come to fight the lava monsters? But they were friendly… He had to stop him…

“Iruka…”

Iruka felt something gently shaking him, and saw a lava monster tugging at his shoulder. But where was Kakashi? He was sure he’d just heard him…

“Iruka?”

The lava monster slipped away before Iruka’s very eyes; and as he slowly blinked, he found himself staring at a blurry silhouette of Kakashi in a dark room, smiling warmly at him. There he was…

“’Kashi?” He mumbled, his voice gravelly from sleep.

“Good morning, Ru.” Kakashi murmured.

Iruka watched Kakashi lean in, then he felt something soft against his lips, and knew he was kissing him; and he automatically kissed back, enjoying the sensation in his dazed state.

When Kakashi pulled away, he gazed fondly into Iruka’s eyes.

“Merry Christmas.” He hummed.

Christmas? That’s right… Christmas was today; and they had lots of plans. They were going to have coffee, then Naruto was going to come over, probably before they finished their drinks, then they were going to open presents, then cook breakfast together; and after breakfast, they were going to Yamato’s house, where he had invited Team Seven, him, and Kakashi for lunch; then in the late afternoon, after everyone was full and Naruto had gone off to enjoy the evening festivities with his friends, he and Kakashi were going to sneak back home where they could enjoy the evening together, all to themselves, in any way they wished.

But before they could do all that, he first had to get up. But he was so tired, like he could drift off to sleep any time; and his body was so heavy, like it was trying to sink him back into the dream realm… Did he need to get up just now?

“What’s the time?” He murmured.

He forced himself to sit up, and groggily turned towards his alarm clock; and saw that it had 04:00 etched into it.

“Four AM?!” He exclaimed. “’Kashi, I know you’re excited since it’s our first Christmas together, but whilst I love you and want to spend the day with you, I am not getting up at four o’clock in the morning.”

He turned towards Kakashi, and wrapped his arms around him, then pulled him down on top of him as he sunk back into the bed.

“Stay with me here a little longer?”

“M’kay.” Kakashi sighed. “But only because I love you.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Knock. Knock. KNOCK!

“Kakashi-sensei? Iruka-sensei? Are you home?” A voice yelled behind the front door. “It’s me, Naruto!”

“’Kashi, did you hear something?” Iruka murmured groggily.

“Mmn… I think someone’s at the door.”

“But who would it be at this time in the morni-”

Iruka’s eyes grew wide, and he bolted upright in bed, fully awake now.

“Naruto!” He exclaimed. “It’s Naruto!”

He shook Kakashi to wake him up more.

“Come on, get up!” He grinned. “We have a Christmas to celebrate!”

“M’kay. I’ll be there soon.” Kakashi mumbled.

Iruka leaned in and pressed his lips to Kakashi’s ear.

“If you don’t get up, you don’t get any presents.” He smirked.

Kakashi quickly flickered out of bed, and turned to Iruka, who was still sitting up in it.

“Maa, what are you waiting for?” He teased, his eyes sparkling excitedly. “Let’s get this Christmas started!”

Iruka nodded, and jumped out of bed.

He couldn’t wait to spend the day with everyone he loved.

It was going to be a Christmas to remember.

3 Likes