KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023: Week 3!

Thanks to everyone who voted last week! The bottom three tropes have been removed from the list, leaving 12 tropes still standing; and this time, and from here on, we will be eliminating two each week!

Please check out the poll below to see which tropes made it to the next round, and vote on your favourites again!

Note: This week, you will only be able to nominate up to ten of the twelve options!

Mod @kakairu-shrine has also written another little treat that you can read in the comments below or on ao3!

We hope you’re enjoying the event so far!

:chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Week 3: Monday, 18th Dec - Sunday, 24th Dec
Tropes: 12

• Spending time with family (including Naruto)
  • Shenanigans at a holiday party
  • Gift exchange gone wrong
  • Dressing up like Santa (ft. dogs as reindeer)
  • Sledding
  • “If you tell him Santa isn’t real, I will make you regret it”
  • Naruto caught Santa kissing Iruka
  • Trapped in a snowstorm/Cuddling for warmth
  • Not noticing the mistletoe at first
  • Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
  • Snowball fight as flirting
  • Fake dating to fool the family
0 voters
2 Likes

Slice of Paradise

“Kakashi, I’m home!” Iruka called out as he walked through the door.

“Welcome home, Ru.” Kakashi replied as he made his way over. “How was work?”

“Tiring.” Iruka sighed as he slipped his shoes off. “You know what everyone’s like on a Friday, trying to rush things through so they can enjoy their weekend, and then getting shitty at me for making them fill out their mission forms correctly. It’s even worse now that Christmas is only a week away.”

“Maa, sounds like I’ll be making some surprise visits to the mission room this week.”

Iruka laughed.

“I’ve got it handled, but I’d love to see some of their expressions if you suddenly appeared in the middle of them harassing me!”

He took his flak jacket off and hung it on the coat rack, and placed his satchel on the hook beside it; and when he turned and saw Kakashi patiently waiting for him, he walked over and pulled him into a warm embrace.

“I really missed you today.” He murmured into his shoulder.

“Me, too.” Kakashi hummed.

Iruka pulled back to plant a deep, tender kiss on Kakashi’s mask-free lips; and paused when he tasted something he recognised on his tongue.

He kissed him harder, trying to identify the taste; and after a moment, be pulled back, and gazed at Kakashi, who was studying him in confusion.

“Do I… taste miso on your lips?” He asked uncertainly. “Have you been cooking?”

Kakashi just simply chuckled, and gently took Iruka’s hand to guide him through the house.

Going by his reaction, Iruka guessed that he was right, because Kakashi never ate dinner without him, and the taste had been fresh, like it had been tried to see if any seasoning was needed; and if he was right, which he suspected he was, he was pretty excited, because he hadn’t had a chance to eat all day, and Kakashi’s cooking was amazing.

Iruka expected to be taken to the dining room, but was surprised to find he was being led to the living room instead; and when they arrived, a giant, fond smile crept across his face.

There was homemade ramen on the coffee table, along with a small bottle of sake and two cups; and the TV was ready to play a Christmas themed romantic comedy he had been wanting to see. There was also a blanket to snuggle into after they’d eaten, too, and a small pile of unopened snacks for later.

“What is all this?” Iruka asked warmly.

“Well, we haven’t had a chance to go out on a date since the Christmas rush started, so I thought I’d set one up at home.” Kakashi replied cheerfully.

“Aww! That’s so sweet!” Iruka gushed.

He let go of Kakashi’s hand to pull him into a warm embrace; and after he pulled away, he planted a deep, passionate kiss on his lips, then gazed lovingly into his eyes.

“Thank you for the surprise. It has really made my day.” He murmured.

“I’m glad.” Kakashi hummed. “Shall we get started?”

“Absolutely.”

Once Kakashi and Iruka got settled, Kakashi grabbed the remote and pressed play; and the two of them began to eat.

The moment Iruka put the first bite in his mouth, he couldn’t help but close his eyes and moan in delight.

Dinner was just as delicious as he’d hoped it would be – he would even admit that it was better than Ichiraku; and every bite filled not only his stomach, but his soul, too.

“Wow…” He hummed after swallowing his food. “You’ve really outdone yourself this time, ‘kashi.”

“I’m glad you like it.” Kakashi smiled.

As they ate, the two of them quickly got invested in the movie, and found themselves laughing at the cheesy jokes and one-liners. The film had a great plot with characters that they could relate to, too; and after they’d finished eating and started on the sake, they’d begun joking around, saying “that’s you” every time a character did or said something stupid.

Once the sake was gone, Kakashi grabbed the soft, fluffy blanket that had been folded up beside him, and wrapped it around himself and Iruka so that they could snuggle.

Iruka melted into him; and the two stayed like that the rest of the movie, only shifting a couple of times for Kakashi to reach out and grab pocky and chocolate to share.

When the movie was over, Iruka looked up at Kakashi, who leaned in for a kiss; and when their mouths connected, Iruka deepened it, desiring Kakashi more than anything.

For a moment, they stayed like that, as one, enjoying the taste of one another; but as Iruka’s body grew heated, he gently broke the kiss, and gazed fondly into Kakashi’s eyes.

“Have I ever told you how much I love you?” He murmured.

“All the time.” Kakashi hummed. “And it never gets old.”

“Good. Because I’m never going to stop saying it.” Iruka smiled. “I love you more than anything in the whole wide world; and I am so lucky to be your husband.”

“I love you too, Ru. You mean the world to me. And I’m the lucky one.” Kakashi murmured. “I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

Iruka kissed Kakashi again, wanting him more than ever.

“I hope you didn’t plan anything else,” He murmured, “because I was hoping we could move things to the bedroom.”

“I was hoping you’d say that.”

Before Iruka could say anything else, Kakashi gripped ahold of him firmly, then flickered to their room, dimly lit by scented candles on the bedside table; and he carefully lay Iruka on their bed, now covered in flower petals, and gazed at his fond, lustful expression.

“Well? What are you waiting for?” Iruka murmured hotly. “I’m all yours.”

Love and affection swirled in Kakashi’s heart; and he leaned down to tease and taste Iruka.

Yes, you are all mine.

And I’m going to make sure the world knows it.

Or, at least the neighbours! :wink:

3 Likes

YAAASSSSS!!! Make sure the whole of Konoha knows! So sweet. Love it.

1 Like