KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023: Week 1!

Hey guys! We are excited to announce that we have enough participants to run the KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023; and Week One has just commenced! :chruparty:

We unfortunately didn’t get all 24 slots filled, so we will be running the event with 18, instead.

The event will still run the exact same way, with people voting for their favourite tropes, and the lowest ones getting eliminated each week; however, since there’s not enough tropes to eliminate 3 every week, we will be eliminating 3 tropes for the first two weeks, and then 2 tropes from Week 3 onwards.

So now that everyone has signed up, and the event is going ahead, the only thing you have to do now is come in once a week and vote for your favourite tropes on the list until 31st Jan!

At the end of each week, there will be less and less for you to choose from as the tropes with the least amount of votes get eliminated in this heated battle!

As we get closer to the finals, we will announce who has each trope, and who is still in the running for the prize, a fic using the the trope the winner nominated!

Right now, you can vote for as many tropes as you like, but the number will be restricted as the event continues on.

To kick things off, mod @kakairu-shrine has also written a little something that you can read in the comments below or on ao3!

And now that’s all been said, without further ado, let the voting… begin!!!

Week 1: Monday, 4th Dec - Sunday, 10th Dec
Tropes: 18

• Sledding
  • Not noticing the mistletoe at first
  • Working on Christmas
  • Sitting beside the fire
  • Trapped in a snowstorm/Cuddling for warmth
  • Fake dating to fool the family
  • Dressing up like Santa (ft. dogs as reindeer)
  • Gift exchange gone wrong
  • Holiday themed prank war
  • Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
  • Snowball fight as flirting
  • One person sneakily showing the other the joy of holiday spirit.
  • Spending time with family (including Naruto)
  • “If you tell him Santa isn’t real, I will make you regret it”
  • Naruto caught Santa kissing Iruka
  • Shenanigans at a holiday party
  • Christmas (or hoildays in general) gone wrong
  • Baking treats for the holidays
0 voters
2 Likes

A Warm Heart Keeps The Cold Away

Iruka shivered, and wrapped his arms around himself as an icy chill slithered through his skin. The evenings had been getting particularly chilly lately; and he wouldn’t be surprised if it was snowing.

A quick look out the window confirmed his suspicions; and for a moment, he stayed, watching the weather.

Suddenly, warm arms snaked around him; and he was pulled into an even warmer body.

“You looked cold.” A hot voice murmured into his ear.

“I am.”

“Let me do something about it.”

“K-Kakashi! I already told you, I can’t tonight! I have homework to mark!”

“Maa, I was only going to make you some hot chocolate.” Kakashi smirked teasingly. “What did you think I was going to do?”

“I-I… W-Well…” Iruka blushed.

Kakashi chuckled warmly, and let go of Iruka to turn him so that they were facing each other.

“You’re too cute.” He murmured before planting a kiss on his forehead. “I love you.”

He planted another kiss on Iruka’s lips, then turned to walk away.

“If you change your mind, you know where to find me.”

Iruka smiled fondly as he watched Kakashi head towards the kitchen. No matter how cold the night got, or how bad this winter was going to be, he knew he was going to stay warm no matter what.

That man… I’m glad he’s mine.

3 Likes

Hey guys, I’m afraid you’ll no longer be able to see the results of Week 1, as I accidently removed them. I noticed that the poll had closed earlier than it was supposed to, and was trying to edit it to stay open longer while I worked on Week 2’s post, but when I saved, it deleted the results (thankfully I had already prepared Week 2’s poll at that point, so I knew which ones were still in the running); and when I reverted the edit, the votes didn’t return. I am very sorry for this.

3 Likes