KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023: FINAL ROUND!

For seven long weeks, contestants have been fighting hard for glory in the KakaIru Advent Calendar Battle 2023, a fiery battle that pits their favourite tropes against one another.

For seven long weeks, the number of tropes has slowly been chipped away, and contestants have brutally been knocked out of the competition, defeated, unable to continue on.

We started with 18 worthy contestants, but now, only two remain. Only two people have been able to climb their way up, and evade danger; and it’s time for them to face off, and determine who is the champion.

In the battle to find the best holiday trope, these are the two finalists, with the two best tropes:

@Mandapandabug - Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
@oneinist - Not noticing the mistletoe at first

Their fate lies in your hands. Which trope will you choose?

Mod @kakairu-shrine has also written another little treat that you can read in the comments below or on ao3!

Thank you for joining us for this event, and good luck to our finalists!

:chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Week 8 - FINAL ROUND: Monday, 22nd Jan - Sunday, 28th Jan
Tropes: 2

• Getting each others name for a gift exchange (panic)/secret Santa
  • Not noticing the mistletoe at first
0 voters
3 Likes

Back to School

Iruka woke up with a start when his alarm suddenly began to ring loudly; and he sleepily reached out to his bedside table and turned it off, wishing he could go back to sleep.

As though reading his mind, warm arms wrapped themselves tighter around him, tempting him to give in to the comfort that the embrace held, to bury himself in the blankets again; but he sighed, and carefully loosened the arms from his body.

“Kakashi, I have to get up.” He murmured gently.

“No. Five more minutes…” Kakashi mumbled sleepily.

“I can’t.” Iruka replied softly, turning to face his boyfriend. “You know I always fall asleep again when I do; and I have to be at the academy in an hour.”

“No…” Kakashi protested.

“Yes, baby.” Iruka said, reaching out to pet Kakashi’s head, running his fingers through his hair. “I’ve been telling you, remember? Today is the first day of school. I start teaching again.”

Kakashi’s eyes fluttered open, and he gazed at Iruka.

“I don’t want you to go. I’ve liked having more time with you.”

“Me, too.” Iruka replied fondly, thinking back on all the dates they’d gone on, and other things they’d gotten up to. “I wish I could stay, but who else is going to stop the academy from becoming a disaster zone?”

“I suppose you’re right…” Kakashi sighed. “Can I at least visit you at lunch time?”

“Of course you can, 'kashi.”

“Good.” Kakashi replied warmly, closing his eyes again. “Have a great day at work.”

“I will.”

“I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

Iruka stopped petting Kakashi’s head; and leaned in to press his lips against his in a soft, tender kiss; and when he pulled away again, he got out of bed and began getting ready for work.

He hoped the day would go by fast, because as much as he loved teaching, he loved Kakashi more; and wanted to get home to him as quickly as possible.

At least he would see him again soon.

2 Likes