Fic Recs: Hokage Kakashi Edition

Yo! Our monthly fic rec is back; and since this one is in Kakashi’s birthday month, our theme is Hokage Kakashi! We’ve found a great selection of fics for you to enjoy, featuring all kinds of interesting stories of our favourite goofy Hokage!

For those of you who are 18+, come & check out the Lemon Bar post for some more fics to read!

If you have some recs that aren’t there, including your own fics, please share them to your heart’s content!

Please also take a look at our posting guidelines if you’re not sure what you can and cannot post on this thread (and to learn how to gain access to the Lemon Bar if you are 18+)! And more importantly, double check the tags on these recs to make sure you don’t end up reading something you don’t want to!

We hope you like this month’s edition!

:chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

to worry (1185 words) by tsunade
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Tsunade (Naruto), Nara Shikamaru, Shizune (Naruto), Haruno Sakura
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Hokage Hatake Kakashi, Sickfic, Comedy, Fluff, Romance
Series: Part 5 of kakashi and iruka
Summary:

“Now, do you want me to be in a sexy nurse uniform while I feed you porridge?”

Iruka scrunches his face in disgust. “Get the fuck out of my room.”

“Please Don’t Squish the Hokage” (1063 words) by Jubokko, LazarusII
Rating: General Audiences
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Nara Shikamaru, Uzumaki Naruto, Other Naruto Character(s), Maito Gai | Might Guy
Additional Tags: kakashi’s birthday, Fluff, Hokage Hatake Kakashi, Established KakaIru
Series: Part 8 of KakaIru One-Shots to Heal or Break Your Heart - [2020]
Summary:

A weight dropped on top of Kakashi and he let out an indignant squawk, struggling to roll over as his hitai-ate fell down over his eyes. “Ow, Naruto—”

“Wait!” Naruto screeched. “Gai-sensei—"

Kakashi’s heart sank as Gai’s raucous laughter filled the air. Taking a deep breath, he braced himself.

A second body slammed down on top of Kakashi, and he let out a grunt as all the air was driven from his lungs. Pinned and completely blinded by his forehead protector, Kakashi felt his two assailants flail about. In the midst of the chaos, an elbow found Kakashi’s ribs, and he let out a sound somewhere between a cough and a groan.

“Now, now, please don’t squish the Hokage.” Iruka’s voice sounded light, and Kakashi turned his head in the chunin Headmaster’s direction, scrunching his nose.

Sneaky Hokage (977 words) by Maiika
Characters: Uzumaki Naruto, Teuchi (Naruto), Ayame (Naruto)
Additional Tags: Hokage Hatake Kakashi, Ichiraku Ramen (Naruto), a Leaf village moment, Romance, Suggestive Themes, Established Relationship
Summary:

He might be the hokage, but Kakashi enjoys acting like any other shinobi as he moves through the Hidden Leaf Village - especially when he finds his favorite people at his favorite ramen shop.

The Remarkable Tranquility of Normal Life (1782 words) by tmo
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: Canon Compliant, Retirement, Hokage Hatake Kakashi, Comfort, Domestic Fluff, Cuddling & Snuggling, Spooning
Summary:

A realization every Hokage has to come to.

Fill Every Space Completely (1528 words) by itendswithz
Additional Tags: Paperwork, Hokage Hatake Kakashi
Summary:

Kakashi learns an important lesson about paperwork and Iruka learns how some members of the Konoha community view him.

This beating heart won’t rest (3556 words) by NKI_Stories
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Minor Maito Gai | Might Guy/Yamato | Tenzou
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Yamato | Tenzou
Additional Tags: Getting Together, Falling In Love, Confessions, Kakashi is an idiot, Hokage Kakashi, Headmaster Iruka, Post War, Idiots in Love, Fluff, Kakashi is a self-doubting fool
Summary:

“No! You are not boring at all and I like to see you weekly—I mean—for the meetings…” Kakashi quickly interrupted—stuttering like a fool. Iruka was now looking at him with wide eyes and mouth agape.

Shit! Taking a deep breath, Kakashi tried again.

“My apologies Iruka-Sensei. I let my eyes wander—I mean my thoughts. I don’t think it is necessary to reschedule our meetings.”

playing hooky (1308 words) by leafvillagebitch
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka, Nara Shikamaru
Additional Tags: Fluff, Tooth-Rotting Fluff, Post-War, Hokage Hatake Kakashi, Sweet, poor shikky
Summary:

Iruka and Kakashi play hooky

2 Likes

I have two of my own to share :eyes:

Decisions, Decisions (2826 words) by demonofabove
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Umino Iruka
Additional Tags: First Dates, KakaIru Valentines Week 2021, Awkward, Cute, Sweet, Friends to Lovers
Summary:

Kakashi has finished all his work for the day - signing paperwork, attending meetings, doing other Hokage duties, etc.; and now that he has some free time, he’s not entirely sure what to do with himself…

But one conversation later with Iruka, and he’s being dragged along on a mystery date.

Where are they going, and what are they going to do? How come Iruka is so hard to read this time?

Ransom (7517 words) by demonofabove
Chapters: 7/7
Characters: Hatake Kakashi, Hatake Kakashi’s Ninken, Yamato | Tenzou, Nara Shikamaru, Umino Iruka, Sarutobi Konohamaru, Kazamatsuri Moegi, Udon (Naruto), Original Characters
Additional Tags: KakaIru Valentine’s Week 2022 (Naruto), Kidnapping, Hokage Hatake Kakashi, Fluff, Wrong person
Summary:

Iruka gets kidnapped, and held ransom. The kidnappers have given the Hokage 24 hours to pay what he owes, but there’s one teeny problem…

Kakashi doesn’t owe anyone anything, and has no idea what the kidnappers are after.

How is he going to get his husband back?!

1 Like

I’ll share one of mine, too

make a home (with me) (10657 words) by pratintraining, mt_nikolle
Chapters: 7/7
Relationships: Hatake Kakashi/Umino Iruka, Umino Iruka & Hatake Kakashi & Yamanaka Sai, Umino Iruka & Hatake Kakashi & Yamanaka Inojin, Umino Iruka & Mitarashi Anko, Mitarashi Anko/Namiashi Raidō (minor), Hyūga Hinata/Uzumaki Naruto (minor), Haruno Sakura/Uchiha Sasuke (minor), Maito Gai | Might Guy/Yamato | Tenzou (minor)
Characters: Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, Yamanaka Inojin, Yamanaka Sai, Yamato | Tenzo, Mitarashi Anko, Namiashi Raido, Hyuga Hinata, Uzumaki Naruto, Uzumaki Boruto, Uzumaki Himawari, Maito Gai, Uchiha Sarada, Uchiha Sasuke, Haruno Sakura, Yamanaka Ino (implied)
Additional Tags: Established Relationship, Dancing, Unorthodox Proposal, Found Family, puppy, Date Night, household chores, Slice of Life, Rokudaime Hatake Kakashi, Promotion, Headmaster Umino Iruka, Retirement, landscaping, Birthdays, Family Dinner, Movie Night, Timeskips, Kakashi’s dramatics, Team 7 includes Tenzō and Sai, Domestic Fluff
Series: Part 1 of make a home
Summary:

A week long, years long journey during which Kakashi and Iruka make a home with each other (and the rest of the family).

:blue_heart: :purple_heart:

"Dance with me!"

Iruka twirled Kakashi around the kitchen, and Kakashi relaxed into Iruka’s arms and followed where Iruka led.

1 Like