Creator Spotlight: rocketpunch

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @rocketpunchhh!

This is a member’s only activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about Ciça & her creations as much as we did. Please give her some love :chruheartkiss:

Pronouns: She/ Her

Type of Creator: Artist

Where to find her:

1. https://rocketpunchhh.tumblr.com/
  2. https://twitter.com/rocketpunchhh
  3. rocketpunchhh | Archive of Our Own

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

For around 9 months now. Which makes no sense, because I’ve been shipping them for SO LONG, but I used to be a fandom lurker only. Then the pandemic came around, I started binge watching Naruto again and my otp called to me, like a siren call or something. Not sure why it took me this long to actually draw them, but I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon.

2. What are you working on right now?

I’m working on a small comic for halloween and also on some collabs with friends.

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

I’m an absolute sucker for found family, and also a firm believer that Kakashi and Iruka are both disaster idiots (as artsies once said, I believe they are a dumpster fire and a dumpster fire that is marginally better disguised), so I guess those two mixed are my favourite tropes to draw for.

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

The drawings I did for Bring Dog Treats, my Kakairu Big Bang 2021 piece with my partner in crime kageillusionz. They’re my favourite because not only did I have so much fun working on them with Kage, but they were my first “big art project” after I was forced to quit art for some years for health related reasons. So they are very special to me!

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

Excited for the collabs I’m doing with friends, I hope you enjoy those when they come around!

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

I have some original characters with friends from the good old tegaki-e days. It was this online drawing board where there were several different roleplay groups people could join in with an original character, and it was very fun to draw out all our ideas together. The end result was like a comic made by several people. As per my usual stuff, it was all more to the silly side.

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

Probably this drawing I did for Laz for the Umino Hours server 90 minutes to gift event. I guess all of my 90 minutes to gift were the trickiest to create because I had to rush to finish but I still wanted it to be something that would be nice enough to gift to someone. I usually play around a lot with colours and ideas before I decide on something, so not having as much time for that made it very challenging for me.

8. Do you have any favourite scenes from something you’ve created?

I love the dumbass daydreaming duo I did for kageillusionz. (here and here).They both look so stupid, I remember having a lot of fun as I tried to make it as over the top shoujo as I could.

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

Mainly from random conversations and jokes with friends. We’re always making up new scenarios and that always inspires me to draw. Also memes, I’ve done so many meme redraws, especially the brazilian ones. Twitter is usually where I’ll post these. If I see a stupid idea, you can be sure I’ll draw it, even if I’m the only one who will enjoy it. I’m a very self-indulgent artist.

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

Oh I accidentally answered this already, didn’t I? As I mentioned before, all the Kakairu Big Bang 2021 drawings mean a lot to me, but also this fanart of Iruka I made for Callaina’s fic So Golden. This was the first time in years that I got to sit down to draw and make a finished, more polished drawing that wasn’t a quick sketch. I always look fondly at it, it was a big milestone for me.

1 Like