Creator Spotlight: Lazarus

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @Jubokko!

This is a member’s only activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about Laz & their creations as much as we did. Please give them some love :chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Pronouns: They/Them/Any

Type of Creator: Writer & Artist

Where to find them:

1. https://akumu-jubokko.tumblr.com/
  2. Jubokko | Archive of Our Own

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

I have been doing kkir writing/arts for over two years now!

2. What are you working on right now?

Right now, I’m working on a long bodyguard AU!! It’s a lot of political shinobi drama and all that fun stuff! It’s a long fic, pushing at least 45-50k right now (at its halfway mark).

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

ANGST! Hands down! Also I love monsters and creating horror art!

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

I really love the fic “Snowfall, Fairy Lights, and a Ring”. This fic came out of memories I had as a childhood of warm fireplaces and fairy lights, mixed with the romantic, comfortable spaces of a dance floor. It just makes me smile and feel all warm inside when I picture that space.

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

Hmmm… I’d say the bodyguard AU, and that’s mainly because of how much behind the scenes drama and shinobi clan politics are going into it!

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

As a matter of fact, I do! (Spoilers). I have a character called Lord Hiashi (still working on the name, may or may not change, haha) who is all up and involved in the dynamics of Konoha’s political leadership. He’s adopted a way of permanently sustaining a henge to hide the scars on his face from a horrid accident early in his life (battle). He’s a grumpy old man with a steel will and heart of gold. Lowkey was inspired by old Bruce Wayne from Batman Beyond.

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

There’s an exchange fic that I did called “What is Love if Not a Distraction?” and it was extraordinarily difficult to fit the trope of soulmates into a timed fic exchange. The result was a huge amount of time thinking how to connect lines that needed to be said and then the most frantic keysmashing imaginable for a straight hour.

8. Do you have any favourite scenes from something you’ve created?

I do! The scene of Iruka talking down Danzo in “Power Play” just feels so good. I love the thought of Iruka standing his ground against clan leaders that are so much more powerful than him, and that’s one of those moments.

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

Mostly walking outdoors, I get a lot of creative vibes from walking through forests and fields.

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

I have a very violent, graphic historical AU kkir called “A Promise”, which was written at a very low point in my mental state. That fic, graphic as it may be, felt very cathartic to write and put together, and to have the absolutely wonderful RenGoneMad beta and encourage me through the process was inspiring. Plus, I’m a sucker for happy endings coming out of truly dark fics—and this is one of those.

2 Likes