Creator Spotlight: JKirin

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @JKirin!

This is a member’s only activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about Jinx & her creations as much as we did. Please give her some love :chruheartkiss:

Pronouns: She/ Her

Type of Creator: Writer

Where to find her:

1. JKirin | Archive of Our Own
  2. https://jinxkirin.tumblr.com/

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

About a year. I’ve been writing fics for the younger generation for a very long time but 2021 was my Ninja Dads year! So, beginning with Jan 2021 I started working on a few fics for Kakashi, Iruka, Tenzou, and Gai. Though, Kakashi and Iruka made cameo appearances as a pair in my previous fics too.

2. What are you working on right now?

Of Two Moons and a Red Sky – a Space Regency fic where Kakashi is The Duke of Elysium Planitia on Mars and Iruka is—well, read the fic to find out XD. I’m currently working on the finale!

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

Annoyed at first sight but this doesn’t seem to work with sensei’s, I tried but this hasn’t worked out just yet! So, for now I would say Friends to Lovers.

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

I don’t have a favourite. I love them all equally, even my 100W drabbles! They were just as hard to write LOL

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

Yes, I’m very excited about this Regency on Mars fic that I’m working on. There is a scene coming up which triggered this whole fic and I can’t wait to share.

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

No. Somehow, I always find someone from the anime/manga that could fit the profile I need. Even for the background characters. Actually, I have a lot of fun with bringing lots of characters for cameo appearances in my writing, even if it is just someone buying coffee, people can tell who I speak about. These little easter eggs are very fun to write!

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

His Duty, My Love was the hardest so far! There were several things outside my usual comfort zone. Key ones are angst and sex. It is very rare for me to write angst and I’ve never done explicit scenes before (only wrote fade to blacks).

8. Do you have any favourite scenes from something you’ve created?

The scene in Magic Beans and Fairytale Lattes where Iruka smiles so brightly at Kakashi that a lamppost they stood under confused it with sunrise and switched off.

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

My poems are inspired by other people’s fanart and fanfics. Fics – mostly from within. All of my fics are unapologetically self-indulgent – each satisfied some craving from within. I craved comfort during a brief moment of insecurity about my own facial scar, so I’mperfect came to life. When I needed a break – Family is a two-way street. And this sweet memory of sitting by the window of a coffee shop watching snowflakes became Magic Beans and Fairytale Lattes.

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

Probably, this poem: I never knew love. It was a reaction piece to ShyDaredevil’s art of Iruka in a flamenco dress. Probably because it speaks of a specific moment when someone falls in love, and these are rare (as it is usually hard to pinpoint to exactly one moment). This one was from the first sight, for sure. Also because there aren’t that many love poems about queer love.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :chruparty:

2 Likes

I am so glad to see you spotlighted here @JKirin !!! You deserve it!!!

1 Like