Creator Spotlight: InkRavens

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @InkRavens!

This is a member’s only activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about InkRavens & her creations as much as we did. Please give them some love :chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Pronouns: She/They

Type of Creator: Writer

Where to find them:

1. InkRavens | Archive of Our Own
  2. https://inkieravens.tumblr.com/

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

since 2020

2. What are you working on right now?

Mostly I am trying to finish my WIPs. I am trying to focus on Shotgun and my continuation of Seals and Shorebirds. I have a Kiba centered fic and a Genma centered fic I want to write as well, but those are on the backburner for now.

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

Found family. Hands down. It can be found in just about anything I write I think even if I don’t mean it to be.

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

Probably Shotgun. I like the way I chose to write it and it sort of took on a life of its own as I did. I am really enjoying what it has become.

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

I am really excited for my continuation of Seals and Shorebirds. I have a really dumb scene in mind with Kakashi.

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

I dont have any OCs, but I do have an idea for a group of ANBU based on scavengers that are basically body clean up. One in particular, with a vulture mask is ever so slowly creeping that way though.

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

I think each piece I have created has had it’s own challenges. I like to try and push myself to try different things with my writing. I can’t say any of them were harder to write than others though.

8. Do you have any favourite scenes from something you’ve created?

I really liked the paper airplane scene from From Across The Hall.

I also really like the scene in Shotgun when Naruto has to pee on the side of the road.

and there’s one scene from Save a Horse where Iruka’s horse, Ghost, bites Kakashi in the butt. I really enjoyed writing scenes with that horse.

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

everywhere. my friends and family. my job. past experiences. for Seals and Shorebirds, for example, I got my inspiration from my friend Seamonster who worked doing research on an island called, sealion island. I then merged some of the things she told me with my experiences with my own interns and field research, and tada!

I also get a lot of inspiration from the fandom as a community. I’ve never seen one so immersive, compassionate and all together Pleasant to be in. The creativity is amazing as well.

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

Shotgun

This fic ended up coming from a rather personal place and has some nostalgia from my own childhood in it. It definitely isn’t the best I’ve written but when I write it I can feel more than any other story I write.

4 Likes

Congratulations on the spotlight @InkRavens

:chruparty: :joukashiparty:

I enjoyed reading the interview and getting a sneak peek into your thoughts :star2:

1 Like