Creator Spotlight: Beanie

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @BeesBeanie!

This is a member’s only activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about Beanie & their creations as much as we did. Please give them some love :chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Pronouns: They/Them

Type of Creator: Writer

Where to find them:

1. https://twitter.com/BeesBeanie
  2. https://beesbeanie.tumblr.com/

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

Oh boy, I wrote my first KakaIru fic back in 2011 on LiveJournal! That makes… 11 years? I definitely read more than I wrote over the years, usually only participating in small events or exchanges rather than building fics from the ground up. Though, lately I’ve been inspired to write longer works, which is quite thrilling.

2. What are you working on right now?

I’m pausing lightly on my KKIR fics to dive into Hannibal (a fandom I have yet to tap into writing for!) But I have a really fun yakuza!Kakashi fic I’ve been working on, I’m excited to share it!

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

Meet-cutes are some of my absolute favorite things to write, but I also really enjoy writing power plays, especially with these two. They’re both so passionate and goofy there’s a lot of room to play.

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

Oooh, right now it’s probably The Home of Hatake, my most recent fic. I had so much fun writing it and bringing Sakumo back. It really dove deep into the found family trope, which is another favorite of mine. It’s also my longest fic to date which I’m very proud of!

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

Oh yeah, I have three right now; the yakuza!kakashi fic, a college AU, and a spooky horror creature fic. All of them are vastly different flavors.

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

I actually don’t have any OCs!

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

I think that would have to be A Thousand Stars, which was a gift fic for an event. I had an idea, a scene, that I wanted to encapsulate but the surrounding fic gave me a bit of a run for my money! I’m certainly happy with the end result, though.

8. Do you have any favourite scenes from something you’ve created?

In Howling for You, (spoilers lol) when Iruka is reunited with Naruto and Kakashi watches on, dumbstruck, as they cry and cling to each other, Iruka turns and says “thank you”. That was the scene in my head that propelled the whole fic!

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

I get a lot of inspiration from movies, shows, and even little spots in my own life. Most of the time my fics are born from the thought: “what if Kakashi and Iruka were in this scenario?” Though I also get a lot of inspiration from trying to find a specific type of fic to read and not being able to find it. Create what you want to see!

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

Chrysanthemum for sure. It’s one of my older works but I used it as a way to really explore Kakashi and Iruka as characters. I still go back and read it every now and again!

2 Likes