Creator Spotlight: Banshee

We are excited to introduce our next shining star for the Creator Spotlight… @Banshee!

This is an activity where we reach out to one of the talented people in our community each month to find out all about them and their kakairu creations, and then show them off to the world!

We hope you enjoy learning about Angela & her creations as much as we did. Please give her some love :chruheartkiss: :lovebomb: :joukashiheartkiss:

Pronouns: She/Her

Type of Creator: Writer

Where to find her:

1. https://www.instagram.com/arfaccio_fics/
  2. https://archiveofourown.org/users/Bansheee_II
  3. Angel ♡ (@_Bansheee_II) - Wattpad
  4. https://twitter.com/Banshee08990714

Please note that the following responses have been translated from Portuguese to English by mod @kakairu-shrine, with the help of online translation services. We don’t believe that language barriers should stop creators from being in the spotlight, so we’re trying our best to make sure that people who aren’t as familiar with English can be included, too!

1. How long have you been creating KakaIru fanworks?

Since 2020, when I published my first story, “Meio Homem” (“Half a Man”) on Wattpad.

2. What are you working on right now?

I never focus on one thing, which is bad. But at the moment, I’m finishing “Ainda Existe Nós?” (“Is There Still Us?”) and looking for inspiration to continue “1732 - O Ano do Vampiro” ("1732 - the Year Of The Vampire”), featuring our beloved vampire Kakashi. And I have approximately 20 prompts to finish, including 5 long fics. I have a lot of work to do. Hopefully I can get it all done this year.

3. What is your favourite trope to create for?

I love working with dramas, making readers move, cry along, and suffer with them. If it has a happy ending, that’s fine, and if it ends sad, that’s okay, too. But I also like to write lighter things, the process of getting to know each other, falling in love, understanding how the other works, and accepting their qualities and flaws.

4. Which of your creations is your favourite, and why?

I believe it’s “Reminiscence”. It talks about things we wouldn’t even dream of losing, where forgetfulness is something that has great consequences for both Kakashi and Iruka, especially for Iruka. This is a story where he suffers the most. It’s my biggest, with 39 chapters; and I loved writing each one of them.

5. Do you have any WIPs you’re excited about?

I have one about how Kakashi got his eight dogs and a boyfriend. It’s an alternate universe, more for our time and reality. There’s a lot of confusion, and of course, a dose of drama. I hope to finish it soon, “Eu, você e… oito cachorros” (“Me, you and… eight dogs”).

6. Do you have any original characters? If so, tell us about them!

Well, I have Sun, which was created to honor my WhatsApp group called “Sunflowers”. She appears in “Reminiscence” and has even been Kakashi and Iruka’s daughter in other stories. She is an amazing girl, always willing to help those in need, and does everything for friends.

This is Sun, made by Lana. I don’t have any socials of hers, because we ended up losing contact.

7. What was your hardest piece to create, and why?

“A missão fracassada do Time 7” (“Team 7’s failed mission”), which is about 30 fanfics made for KakaIru Month May 2021. I had difficulties with the themes and plots I was developing - nothing seemed good enough, and this is one of my least favorite stories. Maybe because I think the plot was forced and it didn’t turn out the way I’d like. Everything seemed to run so fast.

8. Do you have any favourite scenes from something you’ve created?

I’ve never stopped to think about it before, but now, at the moment, I believe it is a scene from “Amor ao primeiro gesto” (“Love at first gesture”), where Iruka meets Kakashi; and by training, he soon understands that Kakashi only speaks through sign language, and they begin to talk.

I did a lot of research to understand how LIBRAS (Brazilian Sign Language) works and tried my best to describe the gestures correctly. I believe it turned out well. It was fun to write about, especially the end of the story, with Obito being Iruka’s jealous brother (yes, I’m on this trip of Iruka and Obito being Hashirama and Madara’s children :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:)

9. Where does your inspiration come from?

Books, series, songs, sometimes even phrases that I read. I am a book lover, always looking to read new and different things. But inspiration often comes when I am distracted, and my thoughts flying, and a “What if…” comes to mind.

"What if Iruka was kidnapped?”
"What if Kakashi was a hit man?”
“What if they split up?”

Maybe this will be part of something for the future, who knows…

10. Which of your creations is the most meaningful to you, and why?

It’s difficult to choose just one, but I choose “Meio Homem” (“Half a Man”). It was the first fic I wrote about Kakashi and Iruka, where my love for this incredible ship began. They have a wonderful dynamic and are companions in this piece.

“Meio Homem” talks about the challenges of a person who is in a wheelchair, feeling incomplete; and in the middle of all this, two children appear in need of affection and attention. Iruka is Kakashi’s companion and shows Kakashi that he is more than he believes.

I have such a passion for this story that it is deserving of a re-read; and who knows, soon there might be an original version, which I am also working on, studying and learning more about to enter the original book market.

4 Likes

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles: Congratulations on your spotlight @Banshee :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

:lovebomb:

It was very interesting to read your interview!

Obrigada…
Também fiquei feliz.
Que bom que gostou e espero que possa ler alguma obra minha em algum momento e espero que goste.

@Banshee Amo suas histórias, você foi uma das pessoas que me inspiraram a escrever fanfics. Você faz um ótimo trabalho :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Fico muito feliz em saber que fui inspiração para ti!
(Já li algo teu? Se não, compartilhe conosco)
Obrigada pelos elogios.