Where to post dark content

Hey, I was just wondering where to put dark content. Does it go in the Lemon Bar as 18+ content, or was that more for nsfw stuff? Can it go under Fanworks, provided there’s a content/ trigger warning; or is there an allocated space for dark stuff that I just haven’t noticed yet?

Thank you! :heart:

Hmm, there hasn’t been any discussion of this yet - so there are no set rules ATM. The beauty of having our own forum is getting to decide on the rules. :wink:

The Lemon Bar category was made for 18+ content, that’s true (that’s why the 18+ checkbox is there during signup, so members can be added to the group which has access to it), and if it’s the sort of dark content that you feel is better kept strictly in such a section, feel free to post it there. Maybe we can rename the Lemon Bar to… Adults Only Keep Out? :stop_sign: :stuck_out_tongue: Or something along those lines.

However, I’m personally not against posting in Fanworks provided that it’s labeled appropriately; both in topic title (e.g. Mature! or Rated: R! etc.), and in tags, and an argument can be made that it’s rated more or less R. (See for example Smile for the shiritori). In such a case, I’d recommend using the spoiler or hide details function as well (cogwheel in the edit window). As such it could be:

“Warning: Mature! Topic title” (labels: x, y, z)
Example post about dark stuff! Trigger warnings for: x, y, z.

The content itself

This text will be hidden. Either post the thing or the link here

“Warning: Mature! Topic title” (labels: x, y, z)
Example post about dark stuff! Trigger warnings for: x, y, z.

This text will be blurred. Either post the thing or the link here

If the post does end up being too explicit, it can be flagged by other users and mods can move it to an appropriate place or take action as necessary (if necessary), so no worries about posting in a wrong place. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your help! :heart:

1 Like

Can I have access to the 18+ please? (I’m 33… lol) :heart: (I can’t see the lemon bar?)

Sure, done! :+1:

For future readers of the topic:

membership can be requested by navigating to the Adults group (also, hamburger menu above > Groups > Adults) and clicking the Request button!

1 Like