Fanart: Old KakaIru Fanart

So as much as I cringe upon seeing my old work, it’s also nostalgic af to remember just how long I’ve loved this ship. And reassuring to know I’ll probably love them for many years to come :heart_eyes: So here’s some old works I dredged up from my deviantART days :sweat_smile: :sweat_drops:

I’m assuming they’re supposed to be high school students here, thus the use of ‘kun’ and the matching uniform shirts. I honestly cannot remember wtf was going on :sweat_smile::sweat_drops:
:spades:
reindeer games
Something I remember drawing on a Naruto Oekaki Board I used to frequent for Christmas. Iruka’s saying, “Kakashi-sensei!” while Kakashi is saying, “Mine!” :flushed:

Good luck even seeing this one! An ancient traditional sketch of crying Iruka, who probably thinks Kakashi is dead for some angsty reason because 16 year-old-me was an angsty boy.
perspective iruka
A friend and I used to do paint chats daily in this online, Japanese program that was basically MSPaint with two layers, so you can imagine they saw me draw Kakashi and Iruka constantly :blush: There was an unfinished Kakashi with this pic but it’s on my eternal hard drive which might be dead so god knows if I’ll ever recover the poor boy :sob: Iruka was supposed to have caught Kakashi watching him from a tree, thus the perspective I drew Iruka in.

I literally had titled this one “Pout no Jutsu” and, honestly, past me was correct.

These two I remember doodling in MS Paint back in like…2008, one right after the other, and it’s them trying to be all majorly shoujo bishounen-eqsue. Seeing Kakashi without his mole feels wrong these days, but it just goes to show how old this is.

And that’s it! Hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane with me :blush:

5 Likes

It’s interesting to see how you’ve progressed as an artist, and I like how you experimented with different styles.

Out of the ones you’ve shown, do you have a favourite pic? And which was your favourite to make?

I like the pencil sketch most; but as someone who’s still relatively new at and trying to teach herself drawing/ digital art, I definitely have an appreciation for the time and effort that would have gone into the other pics, too :blush:

Thanks for sharing this collection! :grin:

1 Like

I really did experiment constantly back then–that freedom to constantly try new things is something I miss. Anxiety got me too wrapped up in being a perfectionist these days to branch out too much. I’m definitely going to have to work on that.

My favorite out of these is probably Pout no Jutsu and I have no idea why. Kakashi came out well, I think, and its simple but unique…no idea what I drew it in though tbh lmao

2 Likes

Omg the christmass one it’s so cute!! And the traditional sketch is really good. My favorite is Pout no jutsu, both Kakashi and Iruka came out really well. Iruka’s “ohno, i’m not strong enought to say no to that pout” face it’s just too adorable. Thanks for sharing! Is there a link to you current works? :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t have a lot of artwork up (that damn perfectionism really likes to hold me back :sob:) but on my Tumblr you can find more recent stuff! It’s under “my artwork” tag here: http://caped-ace.tumblr.com

1 Like

They’re beautiful. I haven’t drawn anything in such a long time but you’re making me want to again.

1 Like

I hope you do! I’d love to see your art~♥