DDN November 2021

Hello! We’re excited to announce that the first DDN will be held on Friday November 12, 2021 from 8pm - 11pm US EST*! Please let us know if you are interested in participating, so that we can remind you of the event a few days before the event! I hope everyone is excited for the DDN!

*The time looks different here, as the forum automatically converted it to the site’s time. Please use a timezone converter to make sure you get the correct time for you!

This month’s DDN Theme was Stars! Here are the Ten Prompts we used:

1. Wish
  2. Glitter
  3. Nebula
  4. Orbit
  5. Orion
  6. Shining
  7. Sun
  8. Constellation
  9. Horizon
  10. Shooting
3 Likes

Im 101% interested but I am 6h ahead timewise and 2am is very late :pleading_face:

That is not a problem! We’ll have the prompts up all month for others who want to use them to either drabble or doodle, but who can’t make it the night of! Just let us know you’re using the prompts and post your creations in the appropriate thread for the month!

1 Like

Hello Everyone! Thank you for your interest in Doodle Drabble Night! Sorry it took a while for me to get information for this posted. It’s been a busy few weeks for me irl.

As promised here is some more information about DDN!

First, a recap! DDNs are nights where a series of authors and artists get together and doodle or drabble based on a series of prompts. The prompts are 10 in total and artists and authors get only 15 minutes to create their piece! They don’t have to be polished or perfect! They’re just a fun way to engage in the creative process.
DDN prompts will run for the entire month. This means that if you can’t participate the night of, you’ll still have the prompts to work off until the next DDN.
Each month’s DDN will have a theme, which won’t be announced until all 10 prompts have been completed. You can guess the theme, but if you do, you MUST message me privately so that we keep it fun for everyone.

NOW: How will we run DDN here on the forum?
We’ll have three separate threads in the forum for each DDN. One thread will be the master thread where I will post the prompts and the five minute warnings. One thread will be the thread where those participating in DDNs (or those participating later) can share their SFW Art and Drabbles. The Third Thread, in the Lemon Bar, will be for those who participate (or use the DDN prompts later) to share their NSFW and DARK art and drabbles.

DDN will start at 8 US EST on November 12, 2021. I will start as close to on time as possible. We will have a new prompt every fifteen minutes starting at 8:00 p.m. At 9:15 we will have a 10 -15 minute break before we get started again with the last five prompts. During each prompt session, I will give a five minute warning so that you know how much time you have.
At the end of the night, we will have a theme reveal, where I will announce both what the theme is and who guessed the theme correctly first.
The person who did will get a KakaIru centric Drabble written by me for any prompt of their choice!

I hope we have fun creating! As always feel free to reply here to DM me if you have any questions!

3 Likes

I wish I could do this! I am busy the 12th tho. Gosh I can’t wait to do the next one tho!!!

2 Likes

You can still use the prompts and participate that way! And yes, hopefully you can join us for December DDN!

EVERYONE!! DDN starts in a little under a half an hour! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

2 Likes

And we’re off!!! Welcome everyone to the first DDN! Please see above for rules and reminders.

First prompt: Wish!
You have 15 mins! GO! @animetrashmuffin @oneinist

2 Likes

You have five minutes left on prompt one! If you want to share your art or drabbles so I can ooh and aah over it, please do so soon! P.S. I might participate too!

Alright, here we go with Prompt 2: Glitter! You have 15 mins! GO!

Alright five mins left on Prompt 2 for those participating! (@oneinist , and @animetrashmuffin ) if you are participating in DDN can you both react to this message so I know?

2 Likes

Alright and here we go with Prompt 3: Nebula

A reminder, if you know the theme, please DM me, and I can tell you if you got it right! (And the first person to guess the theme wins a drabble written by me!)

1 Like

Alright five mins left on this prompt!

1 Like

This one is hilariously kicking my ass but we persevere.

1 Like

OMG 15 minutes is sooo short XD

Are you drawing or writing? Because oh my god yes :rofl:

I have had practice with these in another fandom, so I’m good at getting them out on time. But yes, fifteen minutes is pushing it!

I am doodling XD …some lines at most. Giving up on grayscale or God knows colors.

But I am having a blast still~

2 Likes

Alright Prompt 4: orbit

1 Like

Maybe next time we can figure out a better time? Lots of times, in my other fandom that does these, artists do sketches for DDNs and then flesh them out later and post them.