The Traditional Introductions Thread!

This is very helpful, thank you! It seems like too much of a hassle for me but if I’ll be sure to use this info if I ever decide to take the plunge.

2 Likes

Hello new person!! <3

um, heeeey. megan here. idk shit about forums but figured i’d give it a shot because we’re quarantined still so why not, I say!!! need to take new experiences where I can get 'em lmao. you can find me on ao3 under the same name… and tumblr with two x’s (ladyxxdaydream)

i’ve been into kakairu for maybe a year and a half now? but feels like a damn eternity, with how much they rule my life puts on my clown shoes <:o)

anyway COOL. excited to pop around and see what’s here!

8 Likes

hey megan!! forums are still scary to me, but it’s neat here.

kkir also rules my life, so i feel ya on that, lol.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Megan! It’s great to see you here! :grin:

A forum is certainly different to what people are probably used to these days, but I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it in no time!

Wow, only a year and a half?! :open_mouth: I think that’s about as long as I’ve been writing kakairu! It does definitely feel like an eternity; but it’s been an amazing eternity!

I hope you enjoy your time in the forum! And if you get stuck along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask for help! I’m always around, and would be happy to answer any questions you may have :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi there!
It’s been a long time since I’ve been to any kind of forum, though I’ve got some really nice memories about those experiences. Hopefully here I make some new ones!
What I am, in fact, new to is the Naruto fandom. I got into this mess less than half a year ago, but in the minute I stepped in, this ship took my heart and soul. I spend more time than I’d like to admit thinking about them so I said to myself, let’s join in some people who have it as bad as you! lol

So that’s it, for now. I’m very excited to see what’s around here!
You can also find me on tumblr <3 (nayaramblesaboutnaruto)

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! We’re excited to have you here! :grin:

I think everyone here feels the same way about Kakashi & Iruka! And if the ship has gotten hold of your heart & soul already, you’re definitely gonna be in this for life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I say this from experience - I’ve been shipping kakairu for probably about 4 years now (but only been creating for about a year & a half), and my life pretty much revolves around the ship now XD
Also, don’t worry about how much you think of Kakashi & Iruka (yet!) - it can’t be as bad as me! They’re stuck in my mind so much that I am forever accidentally calling my cat Iruka :joy:

Once again, welcome to the forum! If you need a hand with anything, please don’t hesitate to ask! :blush:

1 Like

hey and welcome! yeah, kakashi and iruka live in my head rent free. they never leave. i would say it’s a problem but i get so much happiness from it, i’ll let them stay, lmao.

3 Likes

Welcome welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@ladyxdaydream hey megan welcome to the forum! forums are mostly good as a place to explore and find little nuggets of inspiration or content :grin: hope you’ll enjoy the experience here!

you’re right about eternity - i was in my first year of university when i got hurled onto the ship, and now i’m in my third year. it feels like only yesterday…

i highly recommend the rec section, which has some translations for some japanese content for any people who aren’t active on twitter! :stuck_out_tongue:

@Mireille Hi there Mireille! That’s pretty much why artsies had the idea for this forum - we were both nostalgic for them forum days. I’ve made some lovely memories with members on here, I hope the same will be true for you ^^

They’re really so good to ship, aren’t they? I’ve been hesitant to call many pairings I’ve been interested in an OTP - but Kakairu is just that for me, an OTP. Enough for me to think up random AUs and ways they’ll intersect each other’s paths.

If you like rambling about naruto, don’t hesitate to ramble in our meta section! Mod @kakairu-shrine runs a weekly thing where we ask about people’s headcanons or ideas about Iruka and Kakashi’s personalities - sometimes you have mini-fics in there, too.

Again, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

4 Likes

Hello! I’m Syxailla or Xai if you prefer to type shorter :slight_smile: (she/her)

Here I am joining the forum in the yr of our lord 2021, but I’ve been reading works in ao3 churned out by the wonderful events by members of this forum last 2020. Decided to finally join myself because it seems fun!

I’m a multishipper but KakaIru is probably my top Naruto ship. I haven’t written about them yet (I am a slooooooow writer) but I have read many fics about them on and off since 2016 I guess. Looking forward to being here and talking about these boys with everyone :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello Xai! Welcome to the forum!!

It’s never too late to get into the forum, or into kakairu! Apparently, the Japanese fans just celebrated the 20th anniversary over on twitter with a fan-published kakairu karuta set, so you’ve come at a good time!

Here’s the karuta set (now sadly sold out) if you’re curious:
https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/fromagee/fromagee/detail/detail.php?product_id=774118

I’m very happy you decided to join up because of our members, though! We hope you’ll have fun with the upcoming events.

Multishipping is always fun! Hopefully you can get your creative juices flowing soon. Hopefully you’ll be inspired by the discussions :grin: Or start some of your own!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Ciça (or Rocket) (she/her) 30+ artist from Brazil, you can find me @ rocketpunchhh on tumblr and twitter!
Kakairu has been my absolute favourite pairing since I was a teen, and with the pandemic I got back into my old naruto obsession so yes, they now just live rent free in my head again (and are still the perfect otp ok) so after reading almost all fanfics available on them in languages I can understand (i had a lot of free time in 2020, A LOT) I decided to actually join the community instead of just lurking the fandom so HERE I AM, HELLO! Nice to meet you all :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Xai! We’re excited to have you here! :grin:

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed everything we’ve posted on ao3; and hope that you enjoy everything else that is to come! It certainly is a lot of fun here, with all sorts of things to see & do; and as the forum grows, everything is getting better and better, so you’ve come at the perfect time!

It’s perfectly fine if you haven’t written about them yet - there’s still plenty of love for KakaIru shippers who are just here to enjoy people’s work; and as a mod of the forum, I’m happy to say that there will be an event later in the year (unannounced atm) that non-creators will be able to participate in, too!

I hope you enjoy your stay here! And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! :heart: :two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome aboard! It’s great to have you here! :grin:

Wow, you are certainly dedicated to kakairu! And you’re totally right, Kakashi & Iruka are the perfect otp. I love them so much, and just swoons it doesn’t get any better than that!

Ooh, what languages have you been reading fanfics in? There’s a couple of us here (that I’m aware of) who understand a good level of Japanese, and we get the occasional translation up here. Though when I have time, I plan on trying to include it more regularly, with creators’ permission, of course :eyes:

We’re glad to have you as part of the community! Lurkers are welcome here, but we most certainly encourage you to have a chat and get involved in some of our activities & events here!

I’m a mod here, so if you have any questions or need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoy your stay here! :heart: :two_hearts:

1 Like

hey Xai and Ciça! welcome!

1 Like

Hey Ciça!! Welcome to the forum!! Forgive my forwardness, but I went to check your tumblr and I’ve definitely seen your art around!

The pandemic is terrible for many people, but at least we can cling to our silver lining. Madison took the question right out of my mouth: how many languages do you understand? any recommendations?

We welcome both active participants and lurkers, but we love it when new voices are added to the discussion! so, HELLO! IT"S VERY NICE TO MEET YOU TOO!!! :wink:

Thanks everyone!
oh I read mostly in english, but also in portuguese (my native language) and spanish, and soooometimes in french (but i’m not really fluent so it takes me longer)
Right now I’m trying to teach myself japanese (keyword: trying) and that’s… an experience LMAO maybe in some years it’ll happen

2 Likes

Ooh, that’s interesting! I’m so envious of people who are multi-lingual! I was born into an English-only household, and we were only taught English in primary school (besides one year when my school had a Japanese teacher), so I’ve had to learn everything at an older age, which I’m sure you’d know is harder than learning languages as a kid :sweat_smile:

Good luck with the Japanese! If you don’t have one already, I would really recommend investing in a Japanese dictionary & phrasebook. I have a pocket-sized version, and I cannot tell you how many times I’ve used it to find words, double check particles, how to say certain things, etc.

This site is great for practicing sentences, too: https://lang-8.com/
Basically, it’s like social media but for learning a language. You make a post in whatever language you’re studying, and native speakers will correct you to make it sound more natural & sometimes explain why they’ve corrected certain things. You can also add people as friends and PM them!

1 Like

That’s amazing that you know so many languages! English, Portuguese, Spanish and (sometimes) French is a real feat.

Self-taught Japanese is a common trouble we all share! Honestly, I’m happy enough to be able to figure out the less plotty of the comics Japanese artists churn out. But language isn’t a race, it’s a constant sponge, so keep on working at it :muscle: we’re all working on it too hahah

Personally I’d recommend Memrise that should have a set card for the most common kanjis, once you’ve got your hiragana and basic grammar down. And then WaniKani, which has a memorisation system that depends on constant exposure — it worked for me, so I got myself the lifetime deal and haven’t regretted my purchase. I do think that lang-8 is a really essential part of the self-teaching kit, as madison have suggested — you have to make your own sentences to actually know how to use them, rather than just reading them! or else all you’ll be able to do is understand people and not actually talk back at them hahaha…

but honestly one of the best ways to learn a language is to read the things you like, so don’t hesitate to try tackling those doujins as learning material! or shorter comics. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes