The Traditional Introductions Thread!

hi morgan! welcome to the forum, and welcome back to kakairu! you’re certainly not alone in coming back as you can see from most of the people here :stuck_out_tongue:

do take a look around the forum (and ask the mods for access to the lemon bar if you’re interested in seeing 18+ content, though i can’t say there’s been much of that) and post up some of your own stuff if you’ve any! :smiley: content is always appreciated.

Hello there, Morgan! Welcome to the forum and welcome back to KakaIru~:heart: :heart_eyes:

Welcome aboard, and welcome back! :grin:

Welcome @MOrgan ! Glad to have you with us! :slight_smile: :tada:

GREETINGS
I’m 42/*/asterisk/001010/BooleanWildcard
Occasionally also some variant of Mercutio or Khoshekh
Tend to change names p frequently but i keep 42 and/or * or one of those variants up top in there somewhere. Mostly been on discord, re: social interaction. I am also under pillowfort under 00101010; AO3 under booleanWildcard
Have been reading kakairu for decades, literally. it was one of my first ships. Was a consummate lurker for much of that time. Started writing in december! Tend to be very very anxious, so I’m still very much hte kind of person to hide behnd hte curtains and give people heart hands or emojis, because interpersonal interaction is terrifying.
Lots of you know me from Umino Hours wherein i actually talk a lot.
I have a couple of fics rn, got more in the works. :3 something being planned for the minibang~
I am also generally keen to enable as many fabulous ideas and fics as possible. I love planning and plotting and world building and planning documents and words and all kinds of happy nerdery~~

3 Likes

hey 42! happy to see you in the forum! i gotta say - the moment i saw 00101010 in my email i almost had a heart attack that it was a bot - i’m really glad that it was just my brain thinking too hastily, haha!

interpersonal interaction truly is terrifying, but i think most of the people in the kakairu ship don’t bite!i think your writing is pretty swell, so i do hope to see more of it in the future.

i’m a huge fan of worldbuilding myself. real terrible with the plotting though :joy: head on over to our discussion on AUs, i think that might be up your alley - and if you leave enough crumbs around, someone’s bound to follow them! it’s how we got some Horizon Zero Dawn fanart.

1 Like

haaa! Sorry about that! :3 it’s binary for the * symbol; all my main names rn point that. ^^
If i am a bot, I am a friendly one who makes a lot of typos! i have become sapient! AI AI AI~!

i will go steep myself in that AU forum-- the horizon: zero dawn fanart sounds fabulous!

1 Like

Hi @00101010 and welcome to the forum! :wave: I’ve been much the same way with this fandom… somehow ending up back here after all those years. :grin: If you ever have too much of that great enabling, our prompt section welcomes all. I look forward to seeing some of your work too! :wink:

(Also, mod @rikacain is very suspicious, she has an intuition that I, for example, am a bot account as well. Robots unite! :robot:)

1 Like

Hi! I’m Camila (myka1231 on ao3, camilita-ita-ita on Tumblr). I’ve been a Kakairu fan for 5 years, more or less, and occasionally write fanfic for the fandom (but I’m so anxious about it, I tend to post very little). I’m a lurker most of the time.
I would love to do some fangirling with all of you :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome @myka1231 ! No shame in being a lurker - but when you do come out of your hidey hole we’ll be right here to welcome you ;D Fangirling - or fanboying - is what we’re all here to do, so just kick right off with a new post or reply to some of those floating about!

@00101010 it is a very likely that @artsies is a bot. a dog bot for dog propaganda. i must gather evidence before i can come forth with my hypothesis…

@Tea-Blitz glad to see you here!

O hi. Yes, it’s been like 15 years since I’ve been in a community that used a forum, lmao.

I’m Tea, and my pronouns are She/Her.

Slightly more important information:
My AO3 (Gloomier)
My Tumblr (Tea-Blitz)

Slightly less important information:

I’ve been in fandom for almost 2 decades, and have been back in the Naruto fandom for just over a year now. I’m primarily a writer, but I’ve been getting back into art for the better part of 8 months now. Discord is my preferred method of active conversation (but I still waffle around on tumblr), and you can find me in the Umino Hours discord.

2 Likes

Hi there. I’m badger, pronouns she/her.

I’m still poking around here and getting used to a forum format, but I think it’s pretty neat.

I’m coming up on my year mark of having begun watching Naruto and falling down the rabbit hole of kkir. It took over my life when it happened, but I’ve met some amazing and supportive people because of it. I even started writing again and this time I’m actually posting stuff I write!

You can find me in a few places, mostly in the Umino Hours discord, on my tumblr, and my writing is on ao3.

2 Likes

@Tea-Blitz hey tea, thanks for joining! hopefully you still remember enough to navigate around here, haha. All the information you mentioned is important tbh - I’ve always been in huge awe of people who can write AND draw. (like @kakairu-shrine.)

I didn’t quite expect to return to a forum setting in 2k20, either, but I find that I like the archival part of it - that all the topics aren’t lost to the tag buried under all kinds of content. Feel free to post up your pictures here too!!

thanks for joining too, @badger! it’s slightly different from the faster paced discord chat, but i find that i do prefer it this way, haha. gives me more time to think and all. Cheers to kkir taking over my life when it happened - if you’d told me, say, two years? ago that i would be reading and writing fic for naruto i would have laughed.

but no regrets - kkir is full of amazing and supportive people, indeed. :smile:

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Jello, from Australia. I just finished Naruto and have started Shippuden. I think I began shipping KakaIru after I saw some fanart on Pinterest and damn I need more. I love rereading old KakaIru doujinshis by authors like Hi-Liang! and Halco T^T. Now I’m wandering around soaking up as much KakaIru as I can while I’m still interested hehe. I hope to see KakaIru continue to thrive for as long as I live, honestly. It’s a great ship.

4 Likes

Hi Jello! :wave: Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you’re on this side of this world - I’m in the Asia region myself and it gets lonely at times haha. Hi-Liang and Halco are definitely classics, I’m so grateful to arigatomina that she still keeps her site running. If you’re going to soak up that much Kakairu you’re going to be a wrinkly prune by the time you’re done - the content just keeps on coming.

I certainly hope the same, and I hope that you’ll remain interested for just as long. :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, Jello! It’s good to meet a fellow Australian - I was beginning to feel like a rare species XD

Funny enough, I got into kakairu because of fanart, too! But who can blame us with so much gorgeous art around? :heart::two_hearts:

I only just started getting into kakairu doujinshi this year (I have two that I’ve been translating for myself, and a large order that should be arriving soon, that I’m excited about!), so if you have any recommendations, I’m all ears!

There’s definitely plenty of kakairu to indulge in (and I’m personally always adding to the collection :wink:); so I don’t think you’re going to run out of content any time soon!

I hope you enjoy your time here in the forum :heart::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! I’m curious as to where you purchase your djs from. Are there any english sites or is it all from Japan?

2 Likes

I haven’t settled on a specific place yet, as I’m only a new buyer, and haven’t figured out which is best (cheapest!) yet lol From what I’ve found, they’re all from Japan; but there are both Japanese and English websites to shop from (however, all doujinshi is in Japanese).

All the Japanese creators I’ve found on Twitter sell their stuff here: https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/fromagee/ It is 100% Japanese, and you have to use Japanese on it; but google translate (which automatically comes up for me to translate the page) makes it readable enough to navigate & find out what the stories are about. Sadly, the company will only send stock to Japanese addresses, but there is a way around that by using a third party service.

The first time I bought doujinshi, I used a warehouse service where you tell them what you want, and they buy it for you. It then gets shipped to their warehouse in Japan, and from there, they post it to you themselves. The cost isn’t too good, though, bc you have to pay for the doujinshi + shipping + fees for using the warehouse (some of which I wasn’t aware about until I’d already paid for the doujinshi). In total, for 2 doujinshi, I spent about $60.

My latest order (which just arrived yesterday! Yay!) on a different website (https://buydoujinshi.com/) was even more expensive because there was only the super expensive shipping available due to covid; but they did offer to keep my stuff in their warehouse until a cheaper option became available. My shipping was cheaper with the warehouse (also during covid) because it used the really slow shipping that takes like 3 months to get here as an option; but I’m guessing this company doesn’t use it.

buydoujinshi is in English, but if you want to find exactly what you’re looking for, whether it be a certain ship or doujinshi, you’ll have better luck using Japanese, so it’s best to either copy & paste what you want from link 1 into link 2’s search bar, or the ship/ names in the search bar (I’ll write them in Japanese below so you don’t have to deal with google translate!), and you’ll get plenty of results!

kakairu: カカイル

Hatake Kakashi: はたけ カカシ

Umino Iruka: うみの イルカ

Normally, there’s no space between the first & surnames, but I’ve done that in case you want to search a name separately :blush:

I’m yet to try otakurepublic (link takes you directly to doujinshi with the kakairu tag), but it is completely in English, so you won’t have to worry about copying any Japanese. They do new & used stuff; and although the prices seem steep compared to the other places (I also have a sneaking suspicion it’s in USD, so keep that in mind), shipping is free. Only thing is, I can’t find a description for anything, so that is something you’d probably have to look up elsewhere. And I would definitely recommend doing that, bc some things tagged as doujinshi is just writing; and if you can’t read Japanese, you’re gonna be screwed XD

That’s my experience so far in buying doujinshi. I hope the info helps!

2 Likes

This is very helpful, thank you! It seems like too much of a hassle for me but if I’ll be sure to use this info if I ever decide to take the plunge.

2 Likes