Knockout! The kakairu mini trope tournament!

What about found family? Friends to lovers? :heart:

1 Like

Those are good tropes and acceptable for nomination! :smiley:

1 Like

Then I nominate found family!

A favourite fic of mine:

Not Quite So Soulless by Aviss

3 Likes

Is it just one nomination per person? I added one of my old fave fics to the nomination :heart:

we’re trying to stick to one nomination per person but… ahaha… at this rate it looks likely you’re gonna be the default winner lmfaooo

Trope: Body Sharing
Tell us about it: Character A’s and Character B’s (or multiple characters) minds share one body.
Fic or art recs displaying the trope (if any!): The Odd Couple by emmykay

5 Likes

Trope: Fake/Pretend Relationship
Tell us about it: Character A and B pretend for whatever reason (undercover as a couple, noisy relatives, etc) to be a couple and now have to be convincing despite not having feelings for each other (or have they?).
Fic/Art refs: https://archiveofourown.org/works/13282824/chapters/30394983 and https://archiveofourown.org/works/13331931/chapters/30517446 by dahtwitchi

4 Likes

Trope: Enemies to lovers
Tell us about it: Character A and B are enemies or hate the other for some reason but eventually grow to like each other.
Fic or art recs displaying the trope (if any!): Cannot think of any at the moment.

4 Likes

Trope: arranged marriage
Tell us about it: the characters are forced into marriage because of familial or other obligations. Reasons of inheritence etc
Fic or art recs displaying the trope (if any!): With this Ring by Dokuba ( https://archiveofourown.org/works/505439/chapters/889029 )or I Do by Alexianite ( https://archiveofourown.org/works/19142698/chapters/45496030 ) I don’t know how to code the links. I’m sorry.

5 Likes

Trope: Rock band AU
Tell us about it: the characters are (or were) music players on a band or the characters are from rival bands, etc.
Fics or art recs displaying the trope (if any!):Liner Notes by Megyal

5 Likes

Trope: soulmate AU (my poor brain blanked, but I really do love soulmate AUs :heart:)
Tell us about it: each person has a one true love/mate
Fic or art rec: Magnus’s “Bind Me (Together, Forever)”
Also all the rest of kkir soulmate minibangs! :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your nominations! <3 <3 <3 As of now we have the following tropes:

1. Found Family - @MagnusTesla
  2. Body Sharing - @Tea-Blitz
  3. Fake/Pretend Relationship - @catnerys
  4. Enemies to Lovers - @NKI-Stories
  5. Arranged Marriange - @Hex
  6. Rock Band AU - @myka1231
  7. Soulmate AU - @badger
  8. Idiots in Love - @Dunloth

All excellent tropes huhuhu. We only need one more before we’re good to go! ;D

3 Likes

Trope: Idiots in love
Tell us about it: They have a huge crush on each other, but they both think the other one couldn’t possibly love them in a thousand years. Obliviousness abounds. Bonus: everyone around is just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Fic or art recs displaying the trope (if any!): https://jasminebythebay.tumblr.com/post/618655645677256705/just-go-ask-him-no-im-just-some-chuunin-that

3 Likes

And… we’re off!

We’ve got an exciting lineup in front of us! Voting will take place over the course of one week, so if you’re real passionate about one of the tropes, tell your friends to come support it!

Round 1: Rock Band AU v. Body Sharing
Round 2: Enemies to Lover v. Idiots in Love
Round 3: Arranged Marriage v. Found Family
Round 4: Soulmate AU v. Fake/Pretend Relationship

We’ll be opening up different posts for each poll, so we can discuss and give recs about each respective trope. Or perhaps even talk about possibilities of the two boys in that setting! :grin:

3 Likes

ROUND 1 WINNER: Rock Band AU! :guitar:
ROUND 2 WINNER: Idiots in Love! :persevere:
ROUND 3 WINNER: Found Family! :family_man_man_girl_boy:
ROUND 4 WINNER: Fake/Pretend Relationship! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

BRIEF PSA:

Sorry to put this event on a hiatus, but the mods are going through a real busy period in my life at the moment. But we’ll be back really REALLY soon.

Round Three will return shortly on the 1st of July, so stay tuned! :musical_note:

UPDATE:

We’re back on track! Thank you very much for your patience! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome to the semi-finals of the Kakairu Mini Trope Tournament!

It’s been an exciting four rounds that led us up to here, and now we have our final four contestants:

1. Rock Band AU! :guitar:
  2. Idiots in Love! :persevere:
  3. Found Family! :family_man_man_girl_boy:
  4. Fake/Pretend Relationship! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Now one of the prizes promised for the top trope is a fic written by one of the mods - so for this round, we’d like to ask all of your opinions for what kind of plot points or features you would like to see in a fic for that trope! After all, the beauty of these tropes is that they have endless permutations - endless possibilities!

For example, for the Rock Band AU Kakashi and Iruka might be part of rival bands in a competition, or someone might have suggested a collaborative song or album for them to write and perform. Or for the Fake/Pretend Relationship, a mission is always a good reason - but what kind? Infiltration, information gathering, setting a trap - and why them?

So head on over to our first semi-final round - and have a free chocolate mint, complementary of the mods. :wink:

EDIT: Our second semi-final round is now live! Free choco mint included.

1 Like

SEMI-FINALS WINNER 1: Idiots in Love! :persevere:
SEMI-FINALS WINNER 2: Fake/Pretend Relationship! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Congratulations on coming this far! Stay tuned for the exciting finals, which should be within the month! :musical_note:

Our finals round is HERE! Come get your votes in!

1 Like

And… that’s a wrap!

I’m very pleased to announce “Idiots in Love” :persevere: as the winner of the Kakairu Mini Trope Tournament, with “Fake/Pretend Relationship” :face_with_hand_over_mouth: coming in at a nail-bitingly close second by just one vote! I’m sure it was a tough choice for many of us - it sure was a tough choice for me!

But it’s not quite over yet - the winners will be receiving their prizes soon enough! Stay tuned for a fic concerning the two idiots in love! In addition, we’re pleased to inform everyone that the runner-up prize has been changed from a banner for the winner’s works to a drabble for the trope. Exciting prizes indeed!

To tide you over for now, please partake of our complementary chocolate mints, now easily readable on ao3. :wink:

Once again, a huge thank you to everyone who participated, and we hope you enjoy the upcoming events on the kakairu rocks forum!!

3 Likes

Heeeey, Idiots in Love made it to the end! :partying_face:
Thanks to everyone who voted! Wow, only one vote ahead. All the tropes were really good and voting has been a lot of fun.
Thanks for organizing this tournament. :revolving_hearts: